Boot problem with new build - help!

Ratfunk

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2007
Guys,

I've just put together a new PC for a friend and I'm having problems with it booting.

When I switch it on the system beeps continuously for a few seconds then restarts and does the same over and over until I switch it off at the supply. I've build loads of PC's before but this is the first time I've come across this - the code isn't covered in the list of post codes for an Award BIOS.

All of the fans come on but the monitor doesn't seem to get a signal - I suspect this is because the system is rebooting before it's activated by the graphics card. When I unplug the 12v ATX connector and start the system there is no beep and all of the fans come on but again, the monitor doesn't get a signal from the graphics card.

The system specs are:

Intel Core Due 6300
Gainward 512MB 7900GT
1GB DDRII RAM
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 motherboard
500W PSU

The board only has one IDE slot and I've had to put the HDD and DVD drive on this as he doesn't have a SATA HDD - he's going to fit one later.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

Try removing everything which is non essential. It may be a hardware incompatibility.
Try reseating the video card. I get those beeps when the video card is not properly seated.
Try reseating the memory also.