authorize only one user to acces CDROM

Hello,

I need to restrict access to CDROM for only one user that is standard
user on my XP system.

All other users must not acces th CDROM.

Anybody has an idea ?

Thanks a lot.
1 answer Last reply
More about authorize user acces cdrom

    You could use Group Policy to restrict access to the cdrom through Windows
    Explorer or My Computer though this will not prevent a user from accessing
    through the command prompt - read full explanation of the setting.Gpedit.msc
    is used to open Local Security Policy. Look under user
    configuration/administrative templates/Windows components?windows Explorer.
    The problem you will then have is that local GP applied to all users though
    there are a couple of hacks to try and work around it. Beyond that there are
    third party programs such as DeviceLock that is supposed to be able to do
    what you need. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q293655&
    http://www.jsiinc.com/sube/tip2400/rh2492.htm
    http://devicelock.securitybyte.com/

    "Yannick" <yandel@ifrance.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to restrict access to CDROM for only one user that is standard
    > user on my XP system.
    >
    > All other users must not acces th CDROM.
    >
    > Anybody has an idea ?
    >
    > Thanks a lot.

Policy Microsoft Windows XP Windows