NWN monk/sorcerer help

I'm in Chapter One of the original version of the game - started off as a
halfling monk (in my mind, a fledgling member of the Hin Fist), and just
gained 4th level. I decided to take a level in sorcerer so she's a
Mnk3/Sor1.

Two questions (so far) related to this
- is there a way to put the straight-forward unarmed attack down in the
quickslot (i.e., swap from a weapon to one's bare fists)? Seems I often have
to pause, go into my inventory, empty out whatever weapon is in my primary
hand, then return to the game. Simply clicking on one of the unarmed special
attacks such as stunning fist or flurry of blows doesn't work in my
experience.
- how does the familiar work? My character chose a bat when she leveled up
but it hasn't appeared even after resting and I don't see where to summon it
(if that's the problem).

More generally, are there recommended on-line sources (FAQs) for pretty
specific questions such as these?

I'd also be curious about people's thoughts regarding this mix of classes.

Thanks!

Doug Maynard wrote:
> I'm in Chapter One of the original version of the game - started off as a
> halfling monk (in my mind, a fledgling member of the Hin Fist), and just
> gained 4th level. I decided to take a level in sorcerer so she's a
> Mnk3/Sor1.

Interesting combination...

> Two questions (so far) related to this
> - is there a way to put the straight-forward unarmed attack down in the
> quickslot (i.e., swap from a weapon to one's bare fists)? Seems I often have
> to pause, go into my inventory, empty out whatever weapon is in my primary
> hand, then return to the game. Simply clicking on one of the unarmed special
> attacks such as stunning fist or flurry of blows doesn't work in my
> experience.
> - how does the familiar work? My character chose a bat when she leveled up
> but it hasn't appeared even after resting and I don't see where to summon it
> (if that's the problem).

If you have a weapon in one of the quickslots, just klick on it to
unequip your char. Klick on it again to equip your char with the
weapons. The special unarmed attacks only work, if you are unarmed.

There is a button in the sorc's special abilities menu you can move to
the quickslot. Summoning your familiar is not a spell itself. Thus you
won't find it in your spellbook. (It used to be this way in the BG
series, though).

> More generally, are there recommended on-line sources (FAQs) for pretty
> specific questions such as these?

No need as long as you rely on us *grin*!

> I'd also be curious about people's thoughts regarding this mix of classes.
>
> Thanks!

Regards
Jules

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The only exception on unarmed attacks is the kama. You don't loose your
unarmed attack bonuses with it.

I've played the monk/magic-user combo before and it was a fun ride. Just 10
levels of monk and your sorcerer can hold his own against most of the lower
class enemies.

Thomas1968

tom wrote:
> Just 10
> levels of monk and your sorcerer can hold his own against most of the lower
> class enemies.

What is wrong with this statement?

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> tom wrote:
> > Just 10
> > levels of monk and your sorcerer can hold his own against most of the
lower
> > class enemies.
>
> What is wrong with this statement?

"10" should be spelled out as "ten"?

You could just simply press the quickslot of your armed weapon again to make
your character put it away in her backpack.

You need to summon the bat - right click somewhere on the ground and go
round the circular menus till you find it. I also put this on a quick
slot - saves a lot of piddling about.

Best wishes
Maxon