How to force users logoff

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
March 23, 2005 5:09:02 PM

First, no applications are running whatsoever.
Second, I set the logon hours in AD / account user profile / logon hours
Third, I've set group policies (default and user) to force logoff.

The users have allowed hours of 8am to 11pm. After 11pm ALL/ALL/ALL users
that did not logoff manually are still logged in. Why?? What do I need to
check or do (all the steps please!!) to make this work?

Am I doing this wrong? What else, or what differently should I have to do?
Thx

More about : force users logoff

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 12:02:34 PM

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:09:02 -0800, Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>First, no applications are running whatsoever.
>Second, I set the logon hours in AD / account user profile / logon hours
>Third, I've set group policies (default and user) to force logoff.
>
>The users have allowed hours of 8am to 11pm. After 11pm ALL/ALL/ALL users
>that did not logoff manually are still logged in. Why?? What do I need to
>check or do (all the steps please!!) to make this work?
>
>Am I doing this wrong? What else, or what differently should I have to do?
>Thx

See tip 8520 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

"When you enforce logon hours restrictions by using to Group Policy to navigating to Computer Configuration \ Windows Settings \ Security Settings \ Local Policies \ Security Options and enable Automatically log off users when logon time
expires, users whose logon times settings prevent logon at this time are NOT permitted to log on, but users are NOT forced to log off of their computer, by design."

Only network logon is severed. See tip 8520 for alternatives.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com