Password Error

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 23, 2005 6:42:43 PM

I am setting up a test lab to rollout Server 2003 from scratch and when I
try to create a user it tells me:

Unable to update the password. The value for the password does not match the
length, complexity or history requirements of the Domian.

I went into Group policy and disabled all and I still get this.

Help

Scott Kendall
Network Administrator

More about : password error

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 1:17:02 PM

For domain users you must disable password complexity in Domain Security
Policy or domain level GPO that you are using to manage password policy if
you have a domain GPO that is higher in the list that the default domain
GPO. Also make sure that block inheritance is not enabled on the domain
controller container when you try to make such changes to password
licy. --- Steve

!