Convert Outlook Rich Text to Plain Text

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

Hello,
I have an Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server running MS Exchange Server
2003 Standard Edition. I editied my Outlook 2003 GPO by enabling under
Internet format Outlook Rich Text to Convert Outlook Rich Text to Plain Text.
However external bound email is not converted to Plain Text.
There is another setting to change the message format to Plain Text for all
message, which works with out a problem. However I only want external bound
email to be converted to plain text.
Any ideas as to why this perticular policy setting is not being applied?

Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?UkFK?= <RAJ@discussions.microsoft.com> said

> Hello,
> I have an Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server running MS Exchange
> Server 2003 Standard Edition. I editied my Outlook 2003 GPO by enabling
> under Internet format Outlook Rich Text to Convert Outlook Rich Text to
> Plain Text.
> However external bound email is not converted to Plain Text.
> There is another setting to change the message format to Plain Text for
> all message, which works with out a problem. However I only want
> external bound email to be converted to plain text.
> Any ideas as to why this perticular policy setting is not being applied?

Do it on the Exchange server at the SMTP transport level rather than on the
client.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821750

--

Andy.