GPO Policy Broken, PLEASE HELP ASAP!

jessem

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2005

Ok, here is the problem, the default location for the "my documents" folder
for my users.

In my GPO
User Config
Windows Settings
Folder Redirection
My Documents

It was stated like this:
Basic - redirect everyone's folder to the same location
Target folder location:
Create a folder location for each user under the root path
Root Path:
\\server\home
For user Clair, this folder will be redirected to:
\\server\home\clair

After I changed the server name to another server, it now reads like this.
Basic - redirect everyone's folder to the same location
Target folder location:
Create a folder location for each user under the root path
Root Path:
\\server\home
For user Clair, this folder will be redirected to:
\\server\home\clair\my documents

For the life of me I cannot get rid of the My Documents tag it leaves
behind. So when users login they are actually getting logged in to their my
documents like this
user: clair\my documents\my documents

Can anyone please help me just have the folder be directed to
\\server\home\clair the way it use to be before???????

Hey, there:

I've seen this happen when you upgrade from 2000 to 2003, and I solved
it by going into My Documents Folder Redirection under User
Configuration, and setting it to "Basic - Redirect everyone's folder to
the same location" and setting the target options to "Redirect to the
following location" and entering in "\\ServerName\ShareName\%username%".

By using the envrionment variable, it inputs the username in, but
because it thinks that everyone is being redirected to the same
location, it won't append "My Documents".

HTH
__________________
Steve Athanas
MCSE: Security (2003)

jessem wrote:

>Ok, here is the problem, the default location for the "my documents" folder
>for my users.
>
>In my GPO
>User Config
>Windows Settings
>Folder Redirection
>My Documents
>
>It was stated like this:
>Basic - redirect everyone's folder to the same location
>Target folder location:
>Create a folder location for each user under the root path
>Root Path:
>\\server\home
>For user Clair, this folder will be redirected to:
>\\server\home\clair
>
>After I changed the server name to another server, it now reads like this.
>Basic - redirect everyone's folder to the same location
>Target folder location:
>Create a folder location for each user under the root path
>Root Path:
>\\server\home
>For user Clair, this folder will be redirected to:
>\\server\home\clair\my documents
>
>For the life of me I cannot get rid of the My Documents tag it leaves
>behind. So when users login they are actually getting logged in to their my
>documents like this
>user: clair\my documents\my documents
>
>Can anyone please help me just have the folder be directed to
>\\server\home\clair the way it use to be before???????

jessem

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2005

it worked thanks!

"Steve Athanas" wrote:

> Hey, there:
>
> I've seen this happen when you upgrade from 2000 to 2003, and I solved
> it by going into My Documents Folder Redirection under User
> Configuration, and setting it to "Basic - Redirect everyone's folder to
> the same location" and setting the target options to "Redirect to the
> following location" and entering in "\\ServerName\ShareName\%username%".
>
> By using the envrionment variable, it inputs the username in, but
> because it thinks that everyone is being redirected to the same
> location, it won't append "My Documents".
>
> HTH
> __________________
> Steve Athanas
> MCSE: Security (2003)
>
> jessem wrote:
>
> >Ok, here is the problem, the default location for the "my documents" folder
> >for my users.
> >
> >In my GPO
> >User Config
> >Windows Settings
> >Folder Redirection
> >My Documents
> >
> >It was stated like this:
> >Basic - redirect everyone's folder to the same location
> >Target folder location:
> >Create a folder location for each user under the root path
> >Root Path:
> >\\server\home
> >For user Clair, this folder will be redirected to:
> >\\server\home\clair
> >
> >After I changed the server name to another server, it now reads like this.
> >Basic - redirect everyone's folder to the same location
> >Target folder location:
> >Create a folder location for each user under the root path
> >Root Path:
> >\\server\home
> >For user Clair, this folder will be redirected to:
> >\\server\home\clair\my documents
> >
> >For the life of me I cannot get rid of the My Documents tag it leaves
> >behind. So when users login they are actually getting logged in to their my
> >documents like this
> >user: clair\my documents\my documents
> >
> >Can anyone please help me just have the folder be directed to
> >\\server\home\clair the way it use to be before???????

You're welcome!

Steve Athanas
MCSE: Security (2003)