Odd error message

I am running WinXp home with SP2 and in the last two days i have
received the following message 4 times - "Invalid location provided"

Can't find anything about this..anyone have any idea what it's about
and how to deal with it?

What are you doing when the message appears? It sounds like a web server
having a problem rewriting a url.

<derby11@verizon.net> wrote in message

> I am running WinXp home with SP2 and in the last two days i have
> received the following message 4 times - "Invalid location provided"
>
> Can't find anything about this..anyone have any idea what it's about
> and how to deal with it?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:14:13 -0700, "Colin Barnhorst"
<colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote:

>What are you doing when the message appears? It sounds like a web server
>having a problem rewriting a url.

On two occassions I was playing a game, once I was opening a jpg, and
I was trying to open a file on the last time

rush

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:52:43 +0000, derby11 wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 01:14:13 -0700, "Colin Barnhorst"
> <colinbarharst(nojunk)@msn.com> wrote:
>
>>What are you doing when the message appears? It sounds like a web
>>server having a problem rewriting a url.
>

> On two occassions I was playing a game, once I was opening a jpg, and I
> was trying to open a file on the last time

Are you running any software that gets weather information?
The reason I ask, after doing a quick google search on that kind of error,
all of "Invalid location provided" errors relate to getting weather
information.

Rush
http://www.bythedrop.com

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:26:49 -0700, Rush <thecatch@bythedrop.com>
wrote:

>> On two occassions I was playing a game, once I was opening a jpg, and I
>> was trying to open a file on the last time
>
>Are you running any software that gets weather information?
>The reason I ask, after doing a quick google search on that kind of error,
>all of "Invalid location provided" errors relate to getting weather
>information.
>
>Rush
>http://www.bythedrop.com

In fact I am. I have the Weather Channel goody that came with the
computer. I searched twice, through dogpile, and never found any
mention of that error.

Thanks for the info

rush

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:34:25 +0000, derby11 wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:26:49 -0700, Rush <thecatch@bythedrop.com> wrote:
>

>>> On two occassions I was playing a game, once I was opening a jpg, and I
>>> was trying to open a file on the last time
>>
>>Are you running any software that gets weather information? The reason I
>>ask, after doing a quick google search on that kind of error, all of
>>"Invalid location provided" errors relate to getting weather information.
>>
>>Rush
>>http://www.bythedrop.com
>
> In fact I am. I have the Weather Channel goody that came with the
> computer. I searched twice, through dogpile, and never found any mention
> of that error.
>
> Thanks for the info

You welcome...

Rush