Motherboard? How about FATHERBOARD!!! Need advice...

jojodadude

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
In my business class last week, I was confronted by my teacher regarding my usage of the word "firemen". I was astounded that "firemen" could be politically incorrect and that people would actually be offended by it (the "-men" part of it isn't right because "firemen" ignores the "firewomen".

Anywho, in the spirit of modern political correctness and obsurdity, I declare that we should no longer refer to the main boards as "motherboards". No, for this has matriarcal references :D and does not give men enough credit. So I am asking for advice for a new official or unoffical name for "motherboards".

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
In my business class last week, I was confronted by my teacher regarding my usage of the word "firemen". I was astounded that "firemen" could be politically incorrect and that people would actually be offended by it (the "-men" part of it isn't right because "firemen" ignores the "firewomen".

Anywho, in the spirit of modern political correctness and obsurdity, I declare that we should no longer refer to the main boards as "motherboards". No, for this has matriarcal references :D and does not give men enough credit. So I am asking for advice for a new official or unoffical name for "motherboards".
I have to agree that they take some things too far. i.e.. the problem regarding Slave/Master for hard drives....Primary/Secondary apparently is more PC. :roll:

axilon

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
haha my school teacher said 'its now called a system board'

then he said it also goes buy other aliases.

I've always called it a motherboard, I always will..

Ill always call a computer a computer or a PC not a 'system unit'

Still, I guess it is ok to know the 'technical' terms

There is sarcasm fuming in there, but yea :p

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
"Personboards"

Well a person could be anyone. A son, daughter, cousin, father, mother and so on.

So rather than being a person board it should be a parentalboard or legalguardian board.

8OAs long as it's not a stepmotherboard....Evil. :wink:

PCAnalyst

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Well you can't call it a Fatherboard...

first of all - Motherboards have holes or "sockets" that we (usually men) stick things into.

They also have slits... or slots that we (usually men) slide long narrow stick-like apparatus' into.

when the motherboard is being bad you need to jumper.

Sometimes for entertainmentpcs we lay the motherboard flat so that we can stick things in a little easier.

We RAM her, blow her, spend all our money on her - a new GPU, a new soundsystem... all so that we can get to browser.

And don't even get me started on the throughput from the Harddrive.

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
Well you can't call it a Fatherboard...

first of all - Motherboards have holes or "sockets" that we (usually men) stick things into.

They also have slits... or slots that we (usually men) slide long narrow stick-like apparatus' into.

when the motherboard is being bad you need to jumper.

Sometimes for entertainmentpcs we lay the motherboard flat so that we can stick things in a little easier.

We RAM her, blow her, spend all our money on her - a new GPU, a new soundsystem... all so that we can get to browser.

And don't even get me started on the throughput from the Harddrive.

LOL pretty good.