Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard? How about FATHERBOARD!!! Need advice...

Last response: in Overclocking
January 27, 2007 9:53:24 PM

In my business class last week, I was confronted by my teacher regarding my usage of the word "firemen". I was astounded that "firemen" could be politically incorrect and that people would actually be offended by it (the "-men" part of it isn't right because "firemen" ignores the "firewomen".

Anywho, in the spirit of modern political correctness and obsurdity, I declare that we should no longer refer to the main boards as "motherboards". No, for this has matriarcal references :D  and does not give men enough credit. So I am asking for advice for a new official or unoffical name for "motherboards".
January 27, 2007 10:23:25 PM

"Personboards"
January 27, 2007 10:25:32 PM

Ugh, dude, can't you just say, mainboard?
Related resources
January 27, 2007 10:53:16 PM

personboard? LOL! Yeah, I guess "mainboard" works just fine. Any other thoughts?
January 28, 2007 12:24:40 AM

Quote:
personboard? LOL! Yeah, I guess "mainboard" works just fine. Any other thoughts?

MOBO. :D 
January 28, 2007 4:51:46 AM

Quote:
In my business class last week, I was confronted by my teacher regarding my usage of the word "firemen". I was astounded that "firemen" could be politically incorrect and that people would actually be offended by it (the "-men" part of it isn't right because "firemen" ignores the "firewomen".

Anywho, in the spirit of modern political correctness and obsurdity, I declare that we should no longer refer to the main boards as "motherboards". No, for this has matriarcal references :D  and does not give men enough credit. So I am asking for advice for a new official or unoffical name for "motherboards".
I have to agree that they take some things too far. i.e.. the problem regarding Slave/Master for hard drives....Primary/Secondary apparently is more PC. :roll:
January 28, 2007 5:31:50 AM

My hard drive is a dominatrix.

Oh yeah.

[/random]
January 28, 2007 5:42:27 AM

haha my school teacher said 'its now called a system board'

then he said it also goes buy other aliases.

I've always called it a motherboard, I always will..

Ill always call a computer a computer or a PC not a 'system unit'

Still, I guess it is ok to know the 'technical' terms

There is sarcasm fuming in there, but yea :p 
January 28, 2007 6:32:30 AM

Quote:
"Personboards"

Well a person could be anyone. A son, daughter, cousin, father, mother and so on.

So rather than being a person board it should be a parentalboard or legalguardian board.

8O
January 28, 2007 7:12:35 AM

Quote:
"Personboards"

Well a person could be anyone. A son, daughter, cousin, father, mother and so on.

So rather than being a person board it should be a parentalboard or legalguardian board.

8OAs long as it's not a stepmotherboard....Evil. :wink:
January 28, 2007 7:45:13 AM

nerd!!!!!!!! :x
January 28, 2007 7:50:15 AM

Well you can't call it a Fatherboard...

first of all - Motherboards have holes or "sockets" that we (usually men) stick things into.

They also have slits... or slots that we (usually men) slide long narrow stick-like apparatus' into.

when the motherboard is being bad you need to jumper.

Sometimes for entertainmentpcs we lay the motherboard flat so that we can stick things in a little easier.

We RAM her, blow her, spend all our money on her - a new GPU, a new soundsystem... all so that we can get to browser.

And don't even get me started on the throughput from the Harddrive.
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
January 28, 2007 8:16:50 AM

OK, well we do have daughter cards too, so how about parentboards/dependant cards.
January 29, 2007 1:15:27 AM

incest is best when kept in the family!
January 29, 2007 1:53:11 AM

Quote:
Well you can't call it a Fatherboard...

first of all - Motherboards have holes or "sockets" that we (usually men) stick things into.

They also have slits... or slots that we (usually men) slide long narrow stick-like apparatus' into.

when the motherboard is being bad you need to jumper.

Sometimes for entertainmentpcs we lay the motherboard flat so that we can stick things in a little easier.

We RAM her, blow her, spend all our money on her - a new GPU, a new soundsystem... all so that we can get to browser.

And don't even get me started on the throughput from the Harddrive.

LOL pretty good.
!