Locking out the start bar and run commands using group pol..

Please could someone give me some information as to how I can do the above
in either Win2K or XP. I would like to know how to do it on a local computer
policy level. Basically I am issuing out standalone PC's to clients (not on
a domain or workgroup) and would like issue them without the above being
visible.
Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:06:33 +0100, "Igirisujin" <mjupforit@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Please could someone give me some information as to how I can do the above
>in either Win2K or XP. I would like to know how to do it on a local computer
>policy level. Basically I am issuing out standalone PC's to clients (not on
>a domain or workgroup) and would like issue them without the above being
>visible.
>Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Why not make your application the shell?
See shell at the bottom of tip 50 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

"Jerold Schulman" wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:06:33 +0100, "Igirisujin"
> <mjupforit@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Please could someone give me some information as to how I can
> do the above
> >in either Win2K or XP. I would like to know how to do it on a
> local computer
> >policy level. Basically I am issuing out standalone PC's to
> clients (not on
> >a domain or workgroup) and would like issue them without the
> above being
> >visible.
> >Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
> >
> Why not make your application the shell?
> See shell at the bottom of tip 50 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at
> http://www.jsiinc.com
>

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.