GPO to Disable Screen Saver on a Single Computer

Scott

I want to disable a screen saver on a single computer. When a user logs on to
that single computer the Domain GPO for that user account enables the screen
saver. I want to disable the screen saver on a single computer regardless of
who logs on. I have tried to use loopback processing and it doesn't work.

"scott" wrote:
> I want to disable a screen saver on a single computer. When a
> user logs on to
> that single computer the Domain GPO for that user account
> enables the screen
> saver. I want to disable the screen saver on a single computer
> regardless of
> who logs on. I have tried to use loopback processing and it
> doesn't work.

Hi,

The Loopback processing should work. It does for mine fine. Try other
settings in the loopback for testing and see if it is your Group
Policies not applying in general. Also make sure you have set to
"Merge"

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-GPO-Disable-Screen-Saver-Single-Computer-ftopict351182.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1108825

Scott

lara,

I have the loopback processing set to merge. I have the user config set to
disable screen saver for that OU's GPO that the computer is in. The problem
is the user from another OU has Screen Saver enabled and the OU for the
computer does not override the GPO for the user, even with loopback
processing set to merge. Can you provide an example. I keep hearing everyone
saying it works but no one can tell me how. Thanks, Scott

"scott" wrote:
> lara,
>
> I have the loopback processing set to merge. I have the user
> config set to
> disable screen saver for that OU's GPO that the computer is
> in. The problem
> is the user from another OU has Screen Saver enabled and the
> OU for the
> computer does not override the GPO for the user, even with
> loopback
> processing set to merge. Can you provide an example. I keep
> hearing everyone
> saying it works but no one can tell me how. Thanks, Scott
>
> "lforbes" wrote:
>
> > "scott" wrote:
>  > > I want to disable a screen saver on a single
> computer. When a
>  > > user logs on to
>  > > that single computer the Domain GPO for that user
> account
>  > > enables the screen
>  > > saver. I want to disable the screen saver on a
> single computer
>  > > regardless of
>  > > who logs on. I have tried to use loopback
> processing and it
>  > > doesn't work.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > The Loopback processing should work. It does for mine fine.
> Try other
> > settings in the loopback for testing and see if it is your
> Group
> > Policies not applying in general. Also make sure you have
> set to
> > "Merge"
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Lara
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-GPO-Disable-Screen-Saver-Single-Computer-ftopict351182.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1108825

Hi,

Here is my setup.

Computer OU with Group Policy
Computer Configuration - Loopback set to "merge"
User Configuration - Screensave set to disable.

Users OUs with Group Policy
User configuration - screensaver set to enable.

Check and make sure the policy is applying. Pick something that isn’t
in direct conflict. Also, make sure the machine is registered in DNS
in both forward and reverse with correct IP.

Cheers,

Lara

Scott

Thanks,

I didn't have read permission on Authenticated Users. Thanks for all your
help.