Henchmen Questions - PC Platinum NWN version

From reading various posts, it seems that you should be able to access your
henchman's inventory. The version I have is the Platinum version that came
with all three games. Right now I'm playing NWN in single-player mode.
I've tried when trading as well as when not but everytime I try I get a
message "unable to access this henchman's inventory". How are other people
doing it? I'd like to be able to have them carry some of the loot, improve
their armor, etc.

It seems to be impossible to get more than one henchman. Is that true or is
there any circumstance where you can have more than one?

Thank you.

Ken

Soldier Boy wrote:
> From reading various posts, it seems that you should be able to access your
> henchman's inventory. The version I have is the Platinum version that came
> with all three games. Right now I'm playing NWN in single-player mode.
> I've tried when trading as well as when not but everytime I try I get a
> message "unable to access this henchman's inventory". How are other people
> doing it? I'd like to be able to have them carry some of the loot, improve
> their armor, etc.
>
> It seems to be impossible to get more than one henchman. Is that true or is
> there any circumstance where you can have more than one?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ken

Although the ability to tinker directly with your henchman's inventory
was added to the game, being able to do so is a scripted function. The
original game's module (the one in Neverwinter) was written before that
ability was added, and they didn't go back and edit it to allow you to
do so.

Similarly, you can have two henchmen in HOTU but not in the OC (original
campaign)

When you start downloading modules that players have written, you'll
find some allow one henchman, some allow three, some allow one form of
equipment management, others a different form... its all up to the
author of the module what specific things he allows you to do.

Course eventually you may write your own modules, and then you'll find
out what a pain this sort of thing can be!

Lance

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:11:09 -0500, "Soldier Boy" <007@james.bond>
wrote:

>From reading various posts, it seems that you should be able to access your
>henchman's inventory. The version I have is the Platinum version that came
>with all three games. Right now I'm playing NWN in single-player mode.
>I've tried when trading as well as when not but everytime I try I get a
>message "unable to access this henchman's inventory". How are other people
>doing it? I'd like to be able to have them carry some of the loot, improve
>their armor, etc.
>
>It seems to be impossible to get more than one henchman. Is that true or is
>there any circumstance where you can have more than one?

Neither of these things work in the original campaign.

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 03:11:09 -0500, "Soldier Boy" <007@james.bond>
> wrote:
>
> >From reading various posts, it seems that you should be able to access your
> >henchman's inventory. The version I have is the Platinum version that came
> >with all three games. Right now I'm playing NWN in single-player mode.
> >I've tried when trading as well as when not but everytime I try I get a
> >message "unable to access this henchman's inventory". How are other people
> >doing it? I'd like to be able to have them carry some of the loot, improve
> >their armor, etc.

There's a henchman/AI mod that I found once at the Neverwinter Vault
that will allow you to tinker a bit with henchman inventory in the
original campaign. A little searching should find it.

Basically (IIRC) you get a couple of new conversation options. If
you ask, your hench will list all his/her equipment. You can also ask
for their armor, weapons, or other stuff and they will give it to you
in a box or bag. Move stuff around, and give them the box/bag back
and they will try to equip the items.

Word o' caution - the version I had got a little hinky when you gave
more stuff than could be fitted into one page - sometimes stuff got
lost or was irretrievable. And (IIRC) your henchmen won't carry
equipment over from one chapter to the next.