GPO to change file association types?

I need to change the file associations for a number of XP clients. The
settings seem to be user specific, and unless they are admins they cannot
change it. Moreover I would like to automate this. Is there a way to do this
with GPO or with scripting? I can't find anything in the group policies that
mentions this.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about change file association types

    forget it, I am using a default user profile in the sysvol folder to fix
    this, it is for future installs only, so that will do it.

    MS should make a GPO to do this.

    "Dave" wrote:

    > I need to change the file associations for a number of XP clients. The
    > settings seem to be user specific, and unless they are admins they cannot
    > change it. Moreover I would like to automate this. Is there a way to do this
    > with GPO or with scripting? I can't find anything in the group policies that
    > mentions this.
    >
    > Thanks

Microsoft File Association Windows