I was asked to recover my friend's computer. O/S Windows XP 2002. Whenever I
click a user profile, it loads and saves automatically. But comes to the same
screen. Also when selecting command prompt mode or debug mode, it
automatically goes to normal mode. Please advice how to recover the system.

You've said a lot without saying much at all.

First, based on what little you have imparted to us, the
windowsxp.configuration_manage newsgroup might be a better place for this
question.

Second, be a little more precise about what you are saying, when you click a
user profile where, what screen, to what same screen does it return? I
assume you are talking about the welcome screen, when you post the question
in the above mentioned newsgroup, be sure to specify and be specific about
what you are doing, what commands at command prompt because you may be using
the wrong syntax and what you are trying to do with those commands.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Recover the Crashed System" <Recover the Crashed
System@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was asked to recover my friend's computer. O/S Windows XP 2002. Whenever
> click a user profile, it loads and saves automatically. But comes to the
> same
> screen. Also when selecting command prompt mode or debug mode, it
> automatically goes to normal mode. Please advice how to recover the
> system.

Hi,

Did you run a spyware removal program? If so, this should help:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Blazefind

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Recover the Crashed System" <Recover the Crashed
System@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was asked to recover my friend's computer. O/S Windows XP 2002. Whenever
> click a user profile, it loads and saves automatically. But comes to the
> same
> screen. Also when selecting command prompt mode or debug mode, it
> automatically goes to normal mode. Please advice how to recover the
> system.

TRENDING THREADS