Context Menus

Greetings Everyone,

I have a GPO that restricts a lot of things however I
want to allow users to use the Right Click. Problem is I
dont want them seeing or being able to use the New
Option. Does anyone know how I can modifiy those menus?

Thanks in Advance

Wayne

"Wayne" wrote:
> Greetings Everyone,
>
> I have a GPO that restricts a lot of things however I
> want to allow users to use the Right Click. Problem is I
> dont want them seeing or being able to use the New
> Option. Does anyone know how I can modifiy those menus?
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Wayne

Hi,

I have been wondering that too. I know it has something to do with the
HKClasses Root Registery Key. I remember a "tip" that allowed you to
create a shortcut in the "new" section. The context menus themselves
are hard to change. I haven’t figured a way yet.

I have restricted right click so my users cannot get to the
"properties" tab to set security settings. If I could just remove
the Properties from the context list I would.

Can’t your users still get to the "new" by opening My Documents and
going "File - New"? This is still there for my users even with the
right click disabled.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Context-Menus-ftopict354702.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1122581

WOW that is a good point. I have to look at that. I have
tons of questions. Now I am not sure how to proceed..

Wayne

at author's request
>Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
standards

"anonymous1" wrote:
> WOW that is a good point. I have to look at that. I have
> tons of questions. Now I am not sure how to proceed..
>
> Wayne

Hi,

I found this info.

For removing security tab from Properties.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303153

Information about Context Menu Handlers
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_int/shell_int_extending/extensionhandlers/contextmenuhandlers.asp

Cheers,