Daylight Savings

Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
searching right?)

How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone? (We're
a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time zone).

I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"Bias"=dword:0000012c
"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0

Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as it
is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the meeting
recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
they display the same time).

Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?

TIA,
Ken
4 answers Last reply
More about daylight savings

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
    >haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
    >searching right?)
    >
    >How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone? (We're
    >a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time zone).
    >
    >I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
    >Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    >
    >[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    >"Bias"=dword:0000012c
    >"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
    >"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
    >"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    >"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
    >"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
    >"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    >"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0
    >
    >Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as it
    >is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the meeting
    >recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
    >they display the same time).
    >
    >Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?
    >
    >TIA,
    >Ken

    See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
    RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z US Eastern Standard Time

    Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type, at
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation is either 0 or not present.

    Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.

    You could use tip 4195 to run both the
    RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z US Eastern Standard Time
    and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg

    where daylight.reg contains:
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    "DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold-

    Thanks for the assistance... just one other question on the topic that I can
    think of...

    Wouldn't I want the computers to automatically adjust for daylight savings
    time? I realize I want all the computers to look the same, but is there a
    standard setting I should use (one over another)?

    Thanks again

    Ken

    "Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
    >>haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
    >>searching right?)
    >>
    >>How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone?
    >>(We're
    >>a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time
    >>zone).
    >>
    >>I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
    >>Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    >>
    >>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    >>"Bias"=dword:0000012c
    >>"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
    >>"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
    >>"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    >>"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
    >>"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
    >>"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    >>"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0
    >>
    >>Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as
    >>it
    >>is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the
    >>meeting
    >>recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
    >>they display the same time).
    >>
    >>Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?
    >>
    >>TIA,
    >>Ken
    >>
    > See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
    > RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
    > US Eastern Standard Time
    >
    > Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type, at
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation is
    > either 0 or not present.
    >
    > Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.
    >
    > You could use tip 4195 to run both the
    > RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
    > US Eastern Standard Time
    > and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg
    >
    > where daylight.reg contains:
    > REGEDIT4
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    > "DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-
    >

    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.
    > http://www.jsiinc.com

    The default is to automatically adjust. I use the default.

    On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:57:32 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Jerold-
    >
    >Thanks for the assistance... just one other question on the topic that I can
    >think of...
    >
    >Wouldn't I want the computers to automatically adjust for daylight savings
    >time? I realize I want all the computers to look the same, but is there a
    >standard setting I should use (one over another)?
    >
    >Thanks again
    >
    >Ken
    >

    >"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
    >>>haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
    >>>searching right?)
    >>>
    >>>How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone?
    >>>(We're
    >>>a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time
    >>>zone).
    >>>
    >>>I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
    >>>Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    >>>
    >>>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    >>>"Bias"=dword:0000012c
    >>>"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
    >>>"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
    >>>"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    >>>"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
    >>>"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
    >>>"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
    >>>"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0
    >>>
    >>>Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as
    >>>it
    >>>is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the
    >>>meeting
    >>>recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
    >>>they display the same time).
    >>>
    >>>Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?
    >>>
    >>>TIA,
    >>>Ken
    >>>
    >> See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
    >> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
    >> US Eastern Standard Time
    >>
    >> Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type, at
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation is
    >> either 0 or not present.
    >>
    >> Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.
    >>
    >> You could use tip 4195 to run both the
    >> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
    >> US Eastern Standard Time
    >> and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg
    >>
    >> where daylight.reg contains:
    >> REGEDIT4
    >>
    >> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    >> "DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-
    >>

    >> Jerold Schulman
    >> Windows Server MVP
    >> JSI, Inc.
    >> http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    What's weird about this is that I check for Eastern to Automatically Adjust
    for Daylight Savings when I prep a computer... but now I have a few users
    who aren't (for one reason or another) on the same setting (even though I
    set the computer up with the checkbox checked).

    > The default is to automatically adjust. I use the default.
    >

    > On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:57:32 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Jerold-
    >>
    >>Thanks for the assistance... just one other question on the topic that I
    >>can
    >>think of...
    >>
    >>Wouldn't I want the computers to automatically adjust for daylight savings
    >>time? I realize I want all the computers to look the same, but is there a
    >>standard setting I should use (one over another)?
    >>
    >>Thanks again
    >>
    >>Ken
    >>

    >>"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message

    >>> See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
    >>> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
    >>> %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
    >>> US Eastern Standard Time
    >>>
    >>> Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type,
    >>> at
    >>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
    >>> is
    >>> either 0 or not present.
    >>>
    >>> Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.
    >>>
    >>> You could use tip 4195 to run both the
    >>> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
    >>> %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
    >>> US Eastern Standard Time
    >>> and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg
    >>>
    >>> where daylight.reg contains:
    >>> REGEDIT4
    >>>
    >>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
    >>> "DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-
    >>>

    >>> Jerold Schulman
    >>> Windows Server MVP
    >>> JSI, Inc.