Daylight Savings

Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
searching right?)

How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone? (We're
a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time zone).

I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"Bias"=dword:0000012c
"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0

Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as it
is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the meeting
recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
they display the same time).

Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?

TIA,
Ken

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
>haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
>searching right?)
>
>How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone? (We're
>a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time zone).
>
>I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
>Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
>"Bias"=dword:0000012c
>"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
>"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
>"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
>"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
>"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
>"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
>"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0
>
>Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as it
>is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the meeting
>recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
>they display the same time).
>
>Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?
>
>TIA,
>Ken

See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z US Eastern Standard Time

Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type, at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation is either 0 or not present.

Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.

You could use tip 4195 to run both the
RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z US Eastern Standard Time
and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg

where daylight.reg contains:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
"DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold-

Thanks for the assistance... just one other question on the topic that I can
think of...

Wouldn't I want the computers to automatically adjust for daylight savings
time? I realize I want all the computers to look the same, but is there a
standard setting I should use (one over another)?

Thanks again

Ken

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
>>haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
>>searching right?)
>>
>>How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone?
>>(We're
>>a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time
>>zone).
>>
>>I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
>>Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>
>>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
>>"Bias"=dword:0000012c
>>"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
>>"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
>>"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
>>"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
>>"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
>>"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
>>"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0
>>
>>Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as
>>it
>>is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the
>>meeting
>>recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
>>they display the same time).
>>
>>Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?
>>
>>TIA,
>>Ken
>>
> See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
> US Eastern Standard Time
>
> Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type, at
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation is
> either 0 or not present.
>
> Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.
>
> You could use tip 4195 to run both the
> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
> US Eastern Standard Time
> and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg
>
> where daylight.reg contains:
> REGEDIT4
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
> "DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-
>

> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com

The default is to automatically adjust. I use the default.

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:57:32 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Jerold-
>
>Thanks for the assistance... just one other question on the topic that I can
>think of...
>
>Wouldn't I want the computers to automatically adjust for daylight savings
>time? I realize I want all the computers to look the same, but is there a
>standard setting I should use (one over another)?
>
>Thanks again
>
>Ken
>

>"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:04:27 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Here's one for the group... I'm sure it's been answered before, but I
>>>haven't been able to find an answer searching the group (maybe I wasn't
>>>searching right?)
>>>
>>>How can I get all the computers in my domain on the same time zone?
>>>(We're
>>>a single site, so I don't have to worry about people outside my time
>>>zone).
>>>
>>>I've figured doing a login script for a computer, to import a reg key
>>>Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>>
>>>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
>>>"Bias"=dword:0000012c
>>>"StandardName"="Eastern Standard Time"
>>>"StandardBias"=dword:00000000
>>>"StandardStart"=hex:00,00,0a,00,05,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
>>>"DaylightName"="Eastern Daylight Time"
>>>"DaylightBias"=dword:ffffffc4
>>>"DaylightStart"=hex:00,00,04,00,01,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
>>>"ActiveTimeBias"=dword:000000f0
>>>
>>>Would put me on the right track, and get everyone on the same hour... as
>>>it
>>>is, I have some people scheduling a meeting for 4p, and then on the
>>>meeting
>>>recipients, it's showing as 5p, but all the clocks look the same (at least
>>>they display the same time).
>>>
>>>Am I in the right ball park, or am I doing something completely wrong?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>Ken
>>>
>> See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
>> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
>> US Eastern Standard Time
>>
>> Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type, at
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation is
>> either 0 or not present.
>>
>> Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.
>>
>> You could use tip 4195 to run both the
>> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
>> US Eastern Standard Time
>> and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg
>>
>> where daylight.reg contains:
>> REGEDIT4
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
>> "DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-
>>

>> Jerold Schulman
>> Windows Server MVP
>> JSI, Inc.
>> http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

What's weird about this is that I check for Eastern to Automatically Adjust
for Daylight Savings when I prep a computer... but now I have a few users
who aren't (for one reason or another) on the same setting (even though I
set the computer up with the checkbox checked).

> The default is to automatically adjust. I use the default.
>

> On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:57:32 -0400, "Ken B" <none@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Jerold-
>>
>>Thanks for the assistance... just one other question on the topic that I
>>can
>>think of...
>>
>>Wouldn't I want the computers to automatically adjust for daylight savings
>>time? I realize I want all the computers to look the same, but is there a
>>standard setting I should use (one over another)?
>>
>>Thanks again
>>
>>Ken
>>

>>"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message

>>> See tip 7525 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
>>> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
>>> %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
>>> US Eastern Standard Time
>>>
>>> Also make sure that DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet, a REG_DWORD data type,
>>> at
>>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
>>> is
>>> either 0 or not present.
>>>
>>> Your users may not have permissions to the HKLM keys.
>>>
>>> You could use tip 4195 to run both the
>>> RunDLL32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL
>>> %SystemRoot%\system32\TIMEDATE.cpl,,/Z
>>> US Eastern Standard Time
>>> and regedit /s \\Server\netlogon\daylight.reg
>>>
>>> where daylight.reg contains:
>>> REGEDIT4
>>>
>>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
>>> "DisableAutoDaylightTimeSet"=-
>>>

>>> Jerold Schulman
>>> Windows Server MVP
>>> JSI, Inc.