Local Drives

Hi,

I want to block local drives with group policy. In my GPO, I have access to
Block A,B,C & D and all drives, but I want to block A, C, D, E & K. Is there
a way to block these drives with my GPO?

Thanks.

Hello Sergio,

Yes you can block access to the drives you want. In this article
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231289) are
explained in detail how to do that.

What about if it's not the default domain policy? I've created a GPO for an
OU, where do I make the changes?

"VMM" wrote:

> Hello Sergio,
>
> Yes you can block access to the drives you want. In this article
> (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231289) are
> explained in detail how to do that.

Sergio,

When you create a new GPO, that is stored under the folder
\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\<Policy GUID>.

You can view the GUID or Unic Identifier for your policy thru GPMC.

Under the folder <Policy GUID> there are a folder Adm that contain the
administrative templates used on that policy.

Regards