wa6657.exe process ?

I noticed wa6657.exe running on my system. Does anybody know if this is
spyware. I have done searches but have not found anything. Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about wa6657 process

    It's not a Windows Process but that doesn't mean it's spyware, it might
    belong to some other application you installed. You might try navigating to
    or otherwise searching for that exe in Windows Explorer, right click, select
    properties and check with what application it is associated. Nonetheless,
    whenever you suspect spyware, a virus or just anything suspicious such as
    this you should make sure your antivirus software is up to date and run a
    scan on your system and check for any malware on your system, download,
    install and run Ad Aware, www.lavasoftusa.com.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Schlafly" <Schlafly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I noticed wa6657.exe running on my system. Does anybody know if this is
    > spyware. I have done searches but have not found anything. Thank you.

    Thank you

    "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > It's not a Windows Process but that doesn't mean it's spyware, it might
    > belong to some other application you installed. You might try navigating to
    > or otherwise searching for that exe in Windows Explorer, right click, select
    > properties and check with what application it is associated. Nonetheless,
    > whenever you suspect spyware, a virus or just anything suspicious such as
    > this you should make sure your antivirus software is up to date and run a
    > scan on your system and check for any malware on your system, download,
    > install and run Ad Aware, www.lavasoftusa.com.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > "Schlafly" <Schlafly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I noticed wa6657.exe running on my system. Does anybody know if this is
    > > spyware. I have done searches but have not found anything. Thank you.

    You're welcome.

    --

    > Thank you
    >
    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> It's not a Windows Process but that doesn't mean it's spyware, it might
    >> belong to some other application you installed. You might try navigating
    >> or otherwise searching for that exe in Windows Explorer, right click,
    >> select
    >> properties and check with what application it is associated.
    >> Nonetheless,
    >> whenever you suspect spyware, a virus or just anything suspicious such as
    >> this you should make sure your antivirus software is up to date and run a
    >> scan on your system and check for any malware on your system, download,
    >> install and run Ad Aware, www.lavasoftusa.com.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> "Schlafly" <Schlafly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I noticed wa6657.exe running on my system. Does anybody know if this is
    >> > spyware. I have done searches but have not found anything. Thank you.

Microsoft Spyware Windows XP