thoughts about new build $1K limit

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
IMO it looks like a nice build :)

There are a few things I'd like to comment about:

The cpu: get the e4300. I've heard it overclocks like mad. I think it's 3.5Ghz plus...

As for the RAM, you can get better timings for the same price, such as these Geil sticks. They should overclock better with the tighter timings.

The DVD drive is kind of loud, but I guess that won't matter too much...

As for the case, yeah make sure it is large enough for the Tuniq tower because it is huge!

Also you probably want to get a larger hard drive, just in case ;)

Everything looks fine so good luck with the build! I'd like to see that homemade case of yours when it's finished!

Inshali

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
your right on the hdd ill go with a 320 insted
the case will be a home built , i can do anything in steel and been a hobbiest for all my life so im thinking built close to a castle in outwards apperance, ill probbly cut a few old cases to get the brackets for hdd cd ect
so far ive kept everything stock, lol afraid to burn up what i couldnt afford to replace, but like Tim the Toolman ...MORE POWER

Inshali

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
what would be a quiet dvd burner with good performance , i cant afford a plextor
and looking at the ram you sugested

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
lol yes! More power to the people!!!

and Happy Birthday! Here have some cake!

74297311_4ae9c678d0_m.jpg

p0018.jpg

playstation_cake.jpg

minicake.jpg

Enjoy your day! :D

Inshali

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
thank you very much just got my cake out of the oven so itl cool soon then its frosting time, NO candles the fire alarm will go off ROFL

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
what would be a quiet dvd burner with good performance , i cant afford a plextor
and looking at the ram you sugested

This is a good DVD burner - Pioneer

Samsung ones are also pretty quiet, but the Pioneer is better

edit: that RAM seems alright, although some people seem to have had problems with the older orange ones...here is a good set of RAM with even tighter timings - Wintec

you should probably wait for a second opinion on the rest of your components