Folder Redirection error

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just recentlly applied settings to the GP for folder redirection

Windows 2000 domain
Windows 2000 clients

A user is experiencing hang up on "applying personal settings" for about 5
min when logging on.

The following errors are:

Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1000
The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection was passed flags
(0) and returned a failure status code of (112).

Event Source: Folder Redirection
Event ID: 102
Failed to perform redirection of folder Desktop. The files for the
redirected folder could not be moved to the new location. The folder is
configured to be redirected to \\Edocsnap1\Userfiles\%username%\desktop.
Files were being moved from C:\Documents and Settings\xxxx\Desktop to
\\Edocsnap1\Userfiles\xxxx\desktop. The following error occurred:
There is not enough space on the disk.

However there is 190GB free on the file server. Any suggestions on trouble
shooting this?

"james" wrote:
> I just recentlly applied settings to the GP for folder
> redirection
>
> Windows 2000 domain
> Windows 2000 clients
>
> A user is experiencing hang up on "applying personal settings"
> for about 5
> min when logging on.
>
> The following errors are:
>
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event ID: 1000
> The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection was
> passed flags
> (0) and returned a failure status code of (112).
>
> Event Source: Folder Redirection
> Event ID: 102
> Failed to perform redirection of folder Desktop. The files for
> the
> redirected folder could not be moved to the new location. The
> folder is
> configured to be redirected to
> \Edocsnap1Userfiles%username%desktop.
> Files were being moved from C:Documents and
> SettingsxxxxDesktop to
> \Edocsnap1Userfilesxxxxdesktop. The following error
> occurred:
> There is not enough space on the disk.
>

> However there is 190GB free on the file server. Any
> suggestions on trouble
> shooting this?

Hi,

More than likely you have a "read only" status on the folder on your
server. To fix this error, remove the "Grant users exclusive rights"
and "Move contents to the new location" From the Settings Tab inside
the Folder redirection.

Cheers,
Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Folder-Redirection-error-ftopict357835.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1135189

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

This is not a permissions issue, any other ideas?

"james" wrote:
> This is not a permissions issue, any other ideas?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > More than likely you have a "read only" status on the folder
> on your
> > server. To fix this error, remove the "Grant users exclusive
> rights"
> > and "Move contents to the new location" From the Settings
> Tab inside
> > the Folder redirection.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Lara
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Folder-Redirection-error-ftopict357835.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1135189

Hi,

Do you have quotas enabled? That is the only other thing I can think
of off the top of my head?

Cheers,

Lara

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Lara,

No Quotas enabled. It seems to be something with pulling the
policy/registry. But I cannot pinpoint it.

"lforbes" wrote:

> "james" wrote:
> > This is not a permissions issue, any other ideas?
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > More than likely you have a "read only" status on the folder
> > on your
> > > server. To fix this error, remove the "Grant users exclusive
> > rights"
> > > and "Move contents to the new location" From the Settings
> > Tab inside
> > > the Folder redirection.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Lara
> > >
> > > --
> > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> > > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> > standards
> > > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Folder-Redirection-error-ftopict357835.html
> > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1135189
> > >

> Hi,
>
> Do you have quotas enabled? That is the only other thing I can think
> of off the top of my head?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lara

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Its got to be something with this event

The Group Policy client-side extension Folder Redirection was passed flags
(0) and returned a failure status code of (112).

I cant find any info on it though

"james" wrote:

> Hi Lara,
>
> No Quotas enabled. It seems to be something with pulling the
> policy/registry. But I cannot pinpoint it.
>
> "lforbes" wrote:
>
> > "james" wrote:
> > > This is not a permissions issue, any other ideas?

> > > on your
> > > rights"
> > > Tab inside

> > > standards
> > > >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you have quotas enabled? That is the only other thing I can think
> > of off the top of my head?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Lara

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It has to be something with this error/registry, I cant find much info on it