Hdtv direct tv question

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
June 7, 2004 2:57:03 AM

Here is the problem I am thinking if getting rid of the high definition
package with Direct TV. 11 dollars is not worth it for 4 channels.
I watch the locals in High Def with the antenna.

I get HBO on HD on channel 88 and 509 here in Los Angeles.
The big question is if I cancel the package will I still get HD HBO on
channel 509/

More about : hdtv direct question

Anonymous
June 7, 2004 2:57:04 AM

Yes you will, as long as you keep the HBO package. HBO-HD (and SHO-HD)
are *NOT* part of the DirecTV HD package. As to your reason for dropping
the HD tier, I agree and dropped it too. There's just not enough there to
in any way justify the additional 11 dollars. ESPN-HD was a MAJOR RIPOFF
in my opinion. Lousy quality, too much upconverting, too little
original/live HD. Not worth it.

--
Support XM Satellite Radio!
Tell your elected representative how you feel about the

You will keep 88 as well.

--
Help Support Satellite Radio!
Your local radio broadcasters through their powerful NAB lobbyiests
!