Group Policy Tattoos Local Policy

Andy

Can anyone assist? I use group policies on a W2K domain to configure
account policies on XP SP2 laptops (6 character password min etc). I
now need to change one of these machines to operate in standalone
(removed from domain) with blank passwords.

Bad new is once machine is removed from domain, all the Local Policies
reflect the domain policies and the settings under Account Policies are
disabled even logged on as local administrator.

I guess this happens because the RSoP on the laptop deliberately keeps
the domain settings. This would normally be fine except in this
instance i really need to change them. Anyone got any ideas how to
acheive this?

Hi Andy,

When you say removed from domain, do you mean the system is no longer a
domain member and you are logging to with a local account? If not, try to
logon with the local system administrator and not with cached credentials
(if this is what you are doing).

Kevin

<andy@ruinhunter.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone assist? I use group policies on a W2K domain to configure
> account policies on XP SP2 laptops (6 character password min etc). I
> now need to change one of these machines to operate in standalone
> (removed from domain) with blank passwords.
>
> Bad new is once machine is removed from domain, all the Local Policies
> reflect the domain policies and the settings under Account Policies are
> disabled even logged on as local administrator.
>
> I guess this happens because the RSoP on the laptop deliberately keeps
> the domain settings. This would normally be fine except in this
> instance i really need to change them. Anyone got any ideas how to
> acheive this?

TRENDING THREADS