Clients failing to apply Group Policy from 1 Particular DC

Here is the issue:

I have 3 sites and they all pertain to the same domain. All the servers seem
to be replicating fine, at least that is what the Active directory
replication monitor says. When I make a change and force replication accross
sites they all seem replicated correctly. Here is the problem: I have a
group policy that defines IE Proxy settings etc and when the clients in 1
site login they do not get the IE settings although they get all other
settings from the same GPO and gpresult shows that the policy is applied. If
I turn off the DC in that site and force the clients to authenticate to the
DC's in the other sites everything works correctly and all settings get
applied. If I turn the server back on and they authenticate to that server
it fails to apply the IE settings but all other settings work fine (By the
way it used to work properly.) I checked the USN's for consitency I checked
the revision numbers on the GPO I am applying, Rep Monitor says no
un-replicated GPO's. There aren't any other GPO's above this one except for
the default domain policy which is set for computer only and user settings
are disabled and no site GPO's exist either. Any help would be great.

What does the RSoP report say? I am guessing that the AD replication may be
working but SYSVOL is not done replicating yet. Have you checked FRS for any
issues with the file replication? There is a great paper on troubleshooting
Group Policy at http://tinyurl.com/5okht http://tinyurl.com/6aosz

Kevin

"Carlo" <dagaued@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Here is the issue:
>
> I have 3 sites and they all pertain to the same domain. All the servers
> seem to be replicating fine, at least that is what the Active directory
> replication monitor says. When I make a change and force replication
> accross sites they all seem replicated correctly. Here is the problem: I
> have a group policy that defines IE Proxy settings etc and when the
> clients in 1 site login they do not get the IE settings although they get
> all other settings from the same GPO and gpresult shows that the policy is
> applied. If I turn off the DC in that site and force the clients to
> authenticate to the DC's in the other sites everything works correctly and
> all settings get applied. If I turn the server back on and they
> authenticate to that server it fails to apply the IE settings but all
> other settings work fine (By the way it used to work properly.) I checked
> the USN's for consitency I checked the revision numbers on the GPO I am
> applying, Rep Monitor says no un-replicated GPO's. There aren't any other
> GPO's above this one except for the default domain policy which is set for
> computer only and user settings are disabled and no site GPO's exist
> either. Any help would be great.

Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x534 : No mapping between
account names and security IDs was done.