Selecting power scheme on W2K

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.registry (More info?)

Hi,

I have several laptopts and some of users can and some can't select their
power schemes. In both cases users log on to domain and they only have
normal users rights. I have try find out why user with user rights can't
select different power schemes.
There have to be security policy setting or something in registry, but what
it is? Any ideas?

-Harri

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.registry (More info?)

There are essentially no setting to manage power options in Group Policy
OOTB (out-of-the-box). You can require the password coming out of
hibernation I believe but that is about it. You can go to energy star and
get thier .ADM templat that adds a few more options here so is one of your
admis has found this it may be there? If these were present you should see
it in the RSoP reports. Is it just power schemes or is it everything in the
power managemnet property sheet?

So my guess is that if there are different experiences with different users
it is due to the user rights (not network group memberships but the local
rights on the system).

Kevin
http://www.desktopstandard.com

"Harri" <harri.ahokas@nofspam.nic.fi> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have several laptopts and some of users can and some can't select their
> power schemes. In both cases users log on to domain and they only have
> normal users rights. I have try find out why user with user rights can't
> select different power schemes.
> There have to be security policy setting or something in registry, but
> what
> it is? Any ideas?
>
> -Harri

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.registry (More info?)

Yes I'm quite sure too that this is users right issue but what security
setting affect to users possibility to select to use different power schema.
Of course users should not be able to change power management settings in
schema, but they really should be able to select right schema as part of our
users can and other part of users can't.

Harri