Package license key with Outlook 2003 msi

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 15, 2005 6:12:39 PM

I have the msi for Outlook 2003 which I want to roll out to my clients...
but I don't want each of them to have to enter that information
individually.

I'd assumed that I would just open the msi with the Office custom install
kit to create an mst, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 4:59:09 PM

I don't know the 'proper' way to do this, but I recently created a
slipstream version of Office 2003 that included SP1 and as part of that
process you can specify the license number in a file so it doesn't ask you
for it on install.

"Rob Oldfield" <blah@blah.com> wrote in message
>I have the msi for Outlook 2003 which I want to roll out to my clients...
> but I don't want each of them to have to enter that information
> individually.
>
> I'd assumed that I would just open the msi with the Office custom install
> kit to create an mst, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 11:51:54 PM

Thanks for that Simon. That did, in fact, work for me for a central install
point of Office 2000. My problem (that Ididn't really make clear in my
original message) at the moment is that I only want to upgrade Outlook on
top of that. Now that I've thought about it I think I'm probably going to
be better off posting this message into an Office group.

Thank you for the input though.

news:o Stx0unQFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!