User Policies don't applay

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 15, 2005 10:35:04 AM

Hi,

Server: PDC is on W2k Server with SP4
Klient: Win XP Pro with SP2 (no firewall set)

Problem like in subject.
Policies applay only for computer. I check by gpupdate+gpresult

I don't know why it happend.
I think, that i check everything

Sorry for my english

_Owi_

More about : user policies applay

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:58:02 PM

Are you sure you've set the GPO settings to apply to this computer?
If you're not using the Group olicy management console just search for GPMC
on MS website and install it on the PDC. Then use that to see whether the GPO
created by you is even supposed to apply to this computer.

- Vikram Thakur

"OWI" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Server: PDC is on W2k Server with SP4
> Klient: Win XP Pro with SP2 (no firewall set)
>
> Problem like in subject.
> Policies applay only for computer. I check by gpupdate+gpresult
>
> I don't know why it happend.
> I think, that i check everything
>
> Sorry for my english
>
> _Owi_

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 10:52:02 AM

hi & thanks for answer Vikram

Yes I'm sure that i've set the GPO to applay to my test OU.
All of my test computers and users are in test OU.

I forgot to write earlier that user's and computer's policies are applay,
when user log in on the machine for first time.
(Then is everything ok. , when profile is created)

After when I changed (add or delete) policies for user, policies applay
only for computer.
I check it by gpupdate+gpresult+GPMC on XP Pro machine
The time of refresh (gpresult) changed only for computer. Time of refresh
for user does not change. (stays from create profile )

Is't strange?
And what you think?

!