Installing applications with elevated user rights

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 17, 2005 12:33:28 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to install an application using GPO. I've assigned an
application (AdminPak, for testing) to a normal user. The application
looks like it is installed, but when I try to open ADU&C (active
directory users & computers) for example, the application starts the
installer (as expected), but then cancels with a message that the user
doesn't have sufficient rights. I've also tried the "aways use
elevated bla bla", but that doesn't help. can someone tell me what I'm
doing wrong?

regards,

jeroen
Anonymous
April 18, 2005 7:05:20 PM

"Jeroen" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install an application using GPO. I've assigned
> an
> application (AdminPak, for testing) to a normal user. The
> application
> looks like it is installed, but when I try to open ADU&C
> (active
> directory users & computers) for example, the application
> starts the
> installer (as expected), but then cancels with a message that
> the user
> doesn't have sufficient rights. I've also tried the "aways use
> elevated bla bla", but that doesn't help. can someone tell me
> what I'm
> doing wrong?
>
> regards,
>
> jeroen

Hi,

Try assigning to the computer and then restarting which will install
under the system account. I don’t know of a way you can install with
elevated rights. I would be curious to find out if you find one. I am
not aware of a way to do it yet.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Installing-ap...