Group policy results wizard

Hello,
when I try to test a gpo with the gporesult wizard and I try to connect to
an other machine I get the error : RPC server not available. ensure that teh
WMI Service is enabled on the target computer. Where can I enable this
service?
TIA

"Stijn" wrote:
> Hello,
> when I try to test a gpo with the gporesult wizard and I try
> to connect to
> an other machine I get the error : RPC server not available.
> ensure that teh
> WMI Service is enabled on the target computer. Where can I
> enable this
> service?
> TIA

Hi,

You need to make sure DNS is working properly. DNS is often the reasib
that the RPC server is not available and it is the reason that Group
Policies aren’t working. Check
http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-results-wizard-ftopict359735.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1143743

The dns looks OK

"lforbes" schreef:

> "Stijn" wrote:
> > Hello,
> > when I try to test a gpo with the gporesult wizard and I try
> > to connect to
> > an other machine I get the error : RPC server not available.
> > ensure that teh
> > WMI Service is enabled on the target computer. Where can I
> > enable this
> > service?
> > TIA
>
> Hi,
>
> You need to make sure DNS is working properly. DNS is often the reasib
> that the RPC server is not available and it is the reason that Group
> Policies aren’t working. Check
> http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lara

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-results-wizard-ftopict359735.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1143743

Are you running XP with SP2? If you are and the firewall is turned on then
you need to make the following change to the computer (via GPO or local
policy).

Enable the following setting -
Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Network
->Network Connections->Windows Firewall->Domain/ Standard Profile
->Windows Firewall: Allow Remote Administration Exception

- Vikram