Which is the absolute fastest (for gamers) full security solution?

Viper2

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I am looking for either a full internet security suite or individual security programs (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, etc) with the least impact to system performance and gaming, and with excellent virus detection and removal. For a firewall, I don't mind even just using the built-in Windows firewall (if it's any good).

Either Pay-for or free software is fine. Currently I am using Norton 360 4.0 but I figure there has to be a better and faster performing security solution out there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Richard226

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
I hate Norton, it takes over your Machine. I Used to use AVG but it kept causing issues with BFBC2.

I ended up taking the plunge and bought Kaspersky, it does not get in the way of my gaming and doesnt cause an issue with latency. The protection it offers is pretty good but the only downside is that it isnt free.....

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
In the past I have used quite a few, Norton 360 has been a resource hog in the past. Atm I am using a free version of Avira which looks like it's holding up fine. I also use trials of Nod32 on other computers, which I also like. I have used free (trial) and paid Kaspersky in the past as well (AV and IS), which again are both good. Unintrusive, seem to catch things, low on resources. Their scan times aren't exactly lightning but then again I'd rather have security than speed. For a firewall I use ZoneAlarm which I have had no troubles with although I'd like to try some alternatives, just to see what else is available.

I have used AVG free in the past which I didn't like, although I don't have a good reason not to. Avast is also good but it uses a little more resources than Kaspersky, Avira and Nod32.

On top of that I also use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Spybot - Search & Destroy and SuperAntiSpyware, all free versions. SB and MWBAM both scan quickly and thoroughly but I have SAS just in case, as it also scans well. Only thing is SAS scans slower.