Windows does not start with message "general protection fa..

Hello,
As described above my windows XP can't start. I tried many times but stil
the message above appears with a core dump that I cannot read fluently...

I think that my hard disc is the origin of the problem but how can I be sure
?
Before this, everything was alright. I had Norton 2004 antivirus up to date
and I don't think that any virus is responsible.
Many thanks to anybody who would help me.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows start message general protection

    We need the specific verbiage, verbatim, no attempts at interpretation of
    the error message. Also, as much as of the timing as possible (before login
    screen is presented, after logon screen is presented and before logon, after
    logon and before desktop is rendered, after desktop is rendered but before
    it's usable, after the desktop is usable). There are a whole slew of GPFs
    that can be thrown during system startup.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "Bruno" <menet.bruno(delete)@neuf.fr> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > As described above my windows XP can't start. I tried many times but stil
    > the message above appears with a core dump that I cannot read fluently...
    >
    > I think that my hard disc is the origin of the problem but how can I be
    > sure ?
    > Before this, everything was alright. I had Norton 2004 antivirus up to
    > date and I don't think that any virus is responsible.
    > Many thanks to anybody who would help me.

Windows XP