Windows does not start with message "general protection fa..

February 18, 2005 12:20:31 AM

Hello,
As described above my windows XP can't start. I tried many times but stil
the message above appears with a core dump that I cannot read fluently...

I think that my hard disc is the origin of the problem but how can I be sure
?
Before this, everything was alright. I had Norton 2004 antivirus up to date
and I don't think that any virus is responsible.
Many thanks to anybody who would help me.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 12:20:32 AM

We need the specific verbiage, verbatim, no attempts at interpretation of
the error message. Also, as much as of the timing as possible (before login
screen is presented, after logon screen is presented and before logon, after
logon and before desktop is rendered, after desktop is rendered but before
it's usable, after the desktop is usable). There are a whole slew of GPFs
that can be thrown during system startup.

--
Walter Clayton