Sign in with
Your question

Getting a blue screen

Last response: in Windows 7
July 6, 2011 11:46:06 PM

I'm getting a blue screen when playing video games and I don't know what might be causing it.
It says that the video memory manager is doing something which I don't remember exactly what now and at the end of the blue screen it says

Stop: 0x0000010E follow by a lot of other similar codes in ( ).

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks

More about : blue screen

a b $ Windows 7
July 7, 2011 1:57:23 AM

My recommendations...

1) Uninstall and reinstall your video card drivers and make sure they are updated to the latest versions. Also, you can do this with your video game, along with making sure it has the latest patches, if available.

2) Check your system temps to make sure nothing is overheating during game play, which can cause the system to crash.

3) Is your PSU adequate to power your GPU? (What make & model of both?)
m
l
July 7, 2011 10:31:32 AM

My PSU is a 700W one which I think is find to power anything I have in my system specially a 4850.

Temps are good I think under gaming conditions they are around the 61 degrees and the CPU is like high 40s.

Drivers might be the issue I have the 6800s drivers install atm, thats because I had a 6850 install and I was getting the same problems so I just put back my old video card which is now doing the same. I'll try the to put the correct drivers and see what happends.
m
l
Related resources
July 7, 2011 11:10:48 AM

I'd suggest removing all video drivers, power down, then put the 6850 back in. Install the drivers for the 6850 then.
m
l
July 7, 2011 12:22:24 PM

Where can I remove the drivers?

got it will report back after i do this
m
l
July 7, 2011 1:54:48 PM

Uninstall them from the control panel, add/remove programs.
m
l
July 8, 2011 3:07:22 PM

That didn't help alot i'm still getting this errors in both cards which means is not the cards because I know that at least the 4850 works fine.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 8, 2011 3:19:45 PM

I would next look at making sure your game has the latest patches or try uninstalling and reinstalling.

After that, you might want to run MemTest 86+ overnight to see if you are having RAM issues, since your temps and GPU seem to be fine.
m
l
July 8, 2011 7:41:12 PM

OK guys so I have a little bit more info now that it happened again. I got the blue screen program that was suggested and this is what it register.

Bug Check Code: 0x0000010e

Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Caused by address: ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00

File Description: NT Kernel & System

Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00

I hope this is useful information to help find a solution.
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
July 8, 2011 7:47:37 PM

I agree with tecmo34. Try running memtest. If you can't let it run overnight, I'd at least run 5 to 10 passes.
m
l
July 8, 2011 8:00:07 PM

I will do that later today but I'm reading on this NT Kernel & System and its seems to be really ugly, for example I just notice by reading a post that I'm also having another problem. My Hard Drive led light in the case doesn't stop blinking and at times it just doesn't go off and before all this I had never seen that light before. This is cause by this NT Kernel & System according to what I read, but the people on those forums had an easy fix. They just restarted their PC but that doesn't work in this case because my computer has been on and off a million times.

They mentioned that this can also be a virus so I'm doing a full virus scan to my PC.
I'll report after I do this to tell you guys what I find.
m
l
July 8, 2011 8:01:33 PM

Tecmo34 the problem is happening with both a 4850 and a 6850 video card. I don't have an Nvidia card.
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
July 8, 2011 8:02:15 PM

ale555666 said:
My PSU is a 700W one which I think is find to power anything I have in my system specially a 4850.

Temps are good I think under gaming conditions they are around the 61 degrees and the CPU is like high 40s.

Drivers might be the issue I have the 6800s drivers install atm, thats because I had a 6850 install and I was getting the same problems so I just put back my old video card which is now doing the same. I'll try the to put the correct drivers and see what happends.

tecmo34 said:
Are you running a Nvidia Graphics card??

I'm seeing issues with the 275.33 WHQL drives being reported with that defect. I would try and run an older driver such at http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-270.61... (if you are running a Nvidia card).

He's running ATI/AMD vid cards.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 8, 2011 9:15:02 PM

:lol: 

Yeah... It is a Friday what can I say

:lol: 
m
l
July 9, 2011 6:15:50 AM

So I have kind of determine that this is a software (maybe drivers) problem. It is annoying the crap out of me so how do I leave my Hard Drive blank with just Window 7.

I really want to do this and then install everything again and see what happens.
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
July 9, 2011 1:40:15 PM

You mean a clean install? Boot from the windows cd and do a custom install. When you get to the part that allows you to delete/create partitions, delete the windows partition and recreate it, then continue as normal.
m
l
!