Custom ADM file

I recently created a new ADM file for use with local GPO. I added it and it
made the desired regesitry changes. I then removed the ADM file. For so
reason when I log on it makes the changes as if the file is loaded in Local
GP. But its not. ON top of that previous versions of the file with registry
changes are also done. I can't figure out why this is occuering.

George,

The settings that you change thru your ADM are stored in file registry.pol
under %systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy\User and/or
%systemroot%\system32\GroupPolicy\Machine.That changes are not removed only
by remove your ADM, so what you have to do is load again your ADM and then
change you policy settings to Not Configured and then remove your ADM file.

Regards

Hi George,

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for VMM's helpful suggestion. You may attempt to follow his
suggestion. Additionally, I would like to provide you with more articles
for your reference:

Using Administrative Template Files with Registry-Based Group Policy
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/
management/gp/admtgp.mspx

323639 HOW TO: Create Custom Administrative Templates in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323639

If there is anything that is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support