strange Problem with a8r-mvp

mattyp84

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
Got my copy of vista x64 up and running and all drivers have installed without problem. ive checked the device manager and it says that the sound drivers are installed. however i cant get any sound out of the 3.5mm jack.

when i play a cd etc. it seems to be playing and no errors are reported but i just cannot get any sound from the 3.5mm jack. i dont want to use the spdif connection as i dont have any speakers that will support it.

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

pat

Expert
Got my copy of vista x64 up and running and all drivers have installed without problem. ive checked the device manager and it says that the sound drivers are installed. however i cant get any sound out of the 3.5mm jack.

when i play a cd etc. it seems to be playing and no errors are reported but i just cannot get any sound from the 3.5mm jack. i dont want to use the spdif connection as i dont have any speakers that will support it.

any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

It is not the board, but rather Vista poor sound driver. You have to check out the sound config. and assign the right connector to the right jack.