local admin GPO w2k server not applying

Hello,

I have a single domain w2k3 with w2k, w2k3 servers and I am having problem
with a server not applying a GPO. First off, this server is in a OU along
with another server (both w2k), alco in the OU is a group. The gpo
(restricted users) is applied to the ou, the group is in the restricted users
members. one server works, I can logon as the user and be a local admin, the
other server when I logon as the same user does not becaome a local admin. I
checked DNS, it seems ok, I removed the server from the domain (along with
the account) and added it back, but still no go. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi

> First off, this server is in a OU along with another server (both
>w2k), alco in the OU is a group. The gpo (restricted users) is
applied
>to the ou, the group is in the restricted users members. one server
>works

I am not sure what you mean about the Groups. Have you changed the
Security on your GPO? Group Policies don’t apply to groups at all or
the members of those groups so where you put groups is irrelevant.
Groups can only be used to change security on the GPO itself. I,
personally, don’t modify the security on the GPO at all because it
seems to cause more problems.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-local-admin-GPO-w2k-server-applying-ftopict360949.html