Group policy doc

Can anyone point me to a document/site that shows all the group policy
settings, and the impact of changing each. I been searching MS's website, and
can't find a thing.

Hello SeanL,

You can download Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows Server 2003
with Service Pack 1 form
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7821c32f-da15-438d-8e48-45915cd2bc14&displaylang=en

This document exist for several versions of OS. All you need is search
Microsoft Site for PolicySettings.xls

I also recommend you, Group Policy Infrastructure White Paper from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d26e88bc-d445-4e8f-aa4e-b9c27061f7ca&displaylang=en

"Overview
Administrators use Group Policy to specify managed configurations for groups
of computers and users. Group Policy includes options for registry-based
policy settings, security settings, software installation, scripts, folder
redirection, Remote Installation Services, and Internet Explorer maintenance.
Intended for system administrators, architects, and others who need to create
and manage Group Policy settings, this paper explains Group Policy
infrastructure and shows how Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), a new
MMC snap-in with scripting interfaces, fits into this infrastructure. The
paper includes detailed information about Group Policy processing as well as
many best practices useful to the Group Policy administrator."

Regards

"SeanL" wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a document/site that shows all the
> group policy
> settings, and the impact of changing each. I been searching
> MS's website, and
> can't find a thing.

Hi,

I created a website with all the Group Policy Settings. However, I
haven’t updated it for SP2 yet. http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000

Here is a MS document that came out with the Windows XP settings but
it doesn’t include SP 2 either
http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/downloads/winxpgpset.xls

Cheers,

Lara