Group policy doc

Can anyone point me to a document/site that shows all the group policy
settings, and the impact of changing each. I been searching MS's website, and
can't find a thing.
3 answers Last reply
More about group policy

    Hello SeanL,

    You can download Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows Server 2003
    with Service Pack 1 form
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7821c32f-da15-438d-8e48-45915cd2bc14&displaylang=en

    This document exist for several versions of OS. All you need is search
    Microsoft Site for PolicySettings.xls

    I also recommend you, Group Policy Infrastructure White Paper from
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d26e88bc-d445-4e8f-aa4e-b9c27061f7ca&displaylang=en

    "Overview
    Administrators use Group Policy to specify managed configurations for groups
    of computers and users. Group Policy includes options for registry-based
    policy settings, security settings, software installation, scripts, folder
    redirection, Remote Installation Services, and Internet Explorer maintenance.
    Intended for system administrators, architects, and others who need to create
    and manage Group Policy settings, this paper explains Group Policy
    infrastructure and shows how Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), a new
    MMC snap-in with scripting interfaces, fits into this infrastructure. The
    paper includes detailed information about Group Policy processing as well as
    many best practices useful to the Group Policy administrator."

    Regards

    ty, much appreciated

    "SeanL" wrote:
    > Can anyone point me to a document/site that shows all the
    > group policy
    > settings, and the impact of changing each. I been searching
    > MS's website, and
    > can't find a thing.

    Hi,

    I created a website with all the Group Policy Settings. However, I
    haven’t updated it for SP2 yet. http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000

    Here is a MS document that came out with the Windows XP settings but
    it doesn’t include SP 2 either
    http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/downloads/winxpgpset.xls

    Cheers,

    Lara