Intel Xeon 3040 OC Voltage

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Hello all,

Well I recently put the system together that you see in the sig. Notice the voltage and speed I am running at. Now I originally thought that I would be able to obtain this with a lower voltage setting. Anyone experiance anything else? Prozac, your E6300 is at the same speed, what are your voltages. Im about to hit the 200 hour mark for my thermal paste to finish settling in, so with the few degrees drop should I be able to lower the voltage? Any Ideas? My load temp is anywhere from 54 - 58 degrees C depending on what I am doing and idle is 35 - 40 degrees C, once again depending on the sequence of events before hand. All temps are being read with Core Temp. I would like to hit 3.0ghz with either this same voltage or lower if possible, anyone think this can happen?Also, my northbridge voltage is at 1.4v if that helps anyone.

Update: I am currently torture testing with prime95 @ 2.94ghz, I tried everything I could to get to 3ghz stable, well not really everything, but alot of different voltage and cpu settings, and it just wont stay stable, so i think it may be my memory holding me back, but I am testing right now at 2.94ghz (420mhz FSB) with all the same voltage and memory settings.

2.94ghz - 1.40v
1680mhz FSB - 1.40v (north bridge)
420mhz memory (840mhz effective) - 2.0v
temps look to probably hit around 60 max for full load, so do yall think that if this setting proves to have no problems that it is going to be good for long term use. (2 years?)

Thanks in advance for all the help/opinions!

Best,

3Ball

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Well not that anyone is looking at this, but I was able to get my Voltage down to 1.35v and my load temp to be around 54 degrees C. So here are my final settings after 10 hours of prime95, PC Check Diagnostics, and a few benchmark tests that all went smoothly.

2.94ghz - 1.35v
1680mhz FSB - 1.40v to northbridge
420mhz memory (840mhz effective) - 2.0v

Sound good? Doesn't seem to be to bad!

Best,

3Ball