fx-60 vs. e6600

salobon

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
hey guys i need help choosing the best cpu, i wanna now which is the best for gaming and for all my needs, and aspecailly the fastest and the deffrence between these bothe cpus :?:

makaka

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
hey guys i need help choosing the best cpu, i wanna now which is the best for gaming and for all my needs, and aspecailly the fastest and the deffrence between these bothe cpus :?:
go with conroe .u can maybe get low-end conroe and overclock it and save then for better video card

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Dual core.
They're both dual-core. Get the Core2Duo. Outperforms the FX-60, and uses less energy/is easier to cool...overclocks world's better. GL :)

:D
E6600. Like 1Tanker said, uses less power and, at stock, outperforms the FX-60. Your motherboard will be usefull for further upgrades as AMDs statis is looking meager.

G

If you get a water cooler you might aswell get a e6400 or 6300. Not e6600 unless you have the B batch. My 2 cents.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Dual core.
They're both dual-core. Get the Core2Duo. Outperforms the FX-60, and uses less energy/is easier to cool...overclocks world's better. GL :)

You guys should get a "Don't buy X2" sticky.

Well, then give some input why the OP should get the FX-60 over the E6600, then, instead of just saying "get a "Don't buy X2 sticky"."

Give one good example of why the OP should get an FX-60 over the E6600. Price? Features? Something. Until then, quit crying about people giving advice when asked.

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
E6600 period.

for sure, e6600's are great at overclocking, mine is running at a stable 3.6GHz right now and I have gotten it up to 4.0GHz but I need to switch over to phase change cooling from my current high end to get it stable at 4.0 and go higher, but yes it is a amazing overclocker and you can easily get to 3.2 or 3.4 on after market air (like a tuniq tower or scythe infinity)

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Dual core.

Here you go Baron. Remove that smiley face and put this up there.
AMD_logo_us-en.gif

:wink:

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Dual core.

Well, then give some input why the OP should get the FX-60 over the E6600, then, instead of just saying "get a "Don't buy X2 sticky"."

Give one good example of why the OP should get an FX-60 over the E6600. Price? Features? Something. Until then, quit crying about people giving advice when asked.

I told you you guys take this too seriously.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Dual core.

I told you you guys take this too seriously.

I don't take anything here, seriously.

The OP asked a question, and all you can do is spout more supposed X2 bashing, which isn't going on.

Why put that kind of trash in a thread when it does nothing but start crap? You might like to start little fires, that's fine and dandy, but when someone asks for an opinion, and you can't even give an example to get an FX-60, then what's your point?

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
Dual core.

You guys should get a "Don't buy X2" sticky.And you need to get a "I love AMD" t-shirt.
WTF? The OP asked about gaming performance of FX-60 & E6600, not about X2.
Anyway for gaming the E6600 outperforms all X2 CPUs, including X2 6000+.

Athalus_nubie

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
Basically the only reason to buy a X2 or any AMD processor atm is if you are on a budget. the C2Ds outperform anything that AMD has right now.
Which by the way doesnt mean that AMD makes bad chips, or that you shouldn't consider buying one, if you are looking to make a budget system then get a cheap 3800+ X2 ;p
Also screw all you naysayers, AMD still rocks!
they may not have the performance crown atm, but they aint anything like going broke quite yet!

phamily

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
lol no where in, "you should get a dont buy x2 sticky" does it say GET an fx60.
he is right, you take it too seriously. Why should he repeat something that is already being repeated? "get the c2d"

for the OP.. if you are planning to OC. get the e6400. if not.. go for the e6600

Blacken

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2004
Basically the only reason to buy a X2 or any AMD processor atm is if you are on a budget. the C2Ds outperform anything that AMD has right now.
Which by the way doesnt mean that AMD makes bad chips, or that you shouldn't consider buying one, if you are looking to make a budget system then get a cheap 3800+ X2 ;p
Also screw all you naysayers, AMD still rocks!
they may not have the performance crown atm, but they aint anything like going broke quite yet!

Thats right. No one here is 'naysaying', the poster asked about the fastest CPU for gaming and people polled-in. I've had a 64 3500+ and loved it for gaming.

...Err? Holy sh.t. Go back and read it really hard. There is no where anyone is saying 'get a FX-60' and if they did, it would be personal opinion - not factual data.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
he is right, you take it too seriously. Why should he repeat something that is already being repeated? "get the c2d"

Cause for Baron to say, "get a c2d" would be like suicide for him.

Look for some of his threads, where he claims that the X2 is fast enough for software, where people are looking for the best that they can afford.

You might not know Baron's antics, but I have seen them. He claims that everyone will suggest a C2D over an X2, even if someone asks for an opinion about a 939 CPU upgrade or an AM2 upgrade.

So, no, I don't take forums seriously, but I don't like it when people just have to chime in, with no real motive other than to start crap.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Cause for Baron to say, "get a c2d" would be like suicide for him.

Look for some of his threads, where he claims that the X2 is fast enough for software, where people are looking for the best that they can afford.

You might not know Baron's antics, but I have seen them. He claims that everyone will suggest a C2D over an X2, even if someone asks for an opinion about a 939 CPU upgrade or an AM2 upgrade.

So, no, I don't take forums seriously, but I don't like it when people just have to chime in, with no real motive other than to start crap.

I tell one out of two people to get a C2D. The other one I tell to get AMD. That way if Barcelona embarrasses Intel AGAIN then I will be neutral.

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
One cannot exist without the other. For example, day cannot exist without night. Light cannot exist without darkness. Death cannot exist without Life. Intel cannot exist without AMD. :twisted:
ying-yang.jpg