Folder Redirection not working on 2000 clients

We have a group policy that redirects the clients "my documents" folder to
%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%. It used to work great. Unfortunately we had to make
a change and it broke the policy. We corrected the problem so the folder
redirection works again. However, since the changes were made, the folder
redirection only works on Windows XP and 2003. Luckily for most of our 2000
clients, the redirection still works because it must be stuck in their
profile. If they log into a new 2000 workstation, it will not redirect the
my documents. If they log into a new xp workstation, it will redirect their
my documents to the correct location.

The event we get is event id 101
source: folder redirection

Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The new directories
for the redirected folder could not be created. The folder is configured to
be redirected to \\%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%, the final expanded path was
\\%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%. The following error occurred:
The specified path is invalid.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Apparently Not

"Contractorrob" wrote:

> We have a group policy that redirects the clients "my documents" folder to
> %HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%. It used to work great. Unfortunately we had to make
> a change and it broke the policy. We corrected the problem so the folder
> redirection works again. However, since the changes were made, the folder
> redirection only works on Windows XP and 2003. Luckily for most of our 2000
> clients, the redirection still works because it must be stuck in their
> profile. If they log into a new 2000 workstation, it will not redirect the
> my documents. If they log into a new xp workstation, it will redirect their
> my documents to the correct location.
>
> The event we get is event id 101
> source: folder redirection
>
> Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The new directories
> for the redirected folder could not be created. The folder is configured to
> be redirected to \\%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%, the final expanded path was
> \\%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%. The following error occurred:
> The specified path is invalid.
>
> Has anyone had this problem before?

I am now just experiencing this issue. Did you ever find a resolution? I
will keep looking and if I find something I will let you know.
Corey

"Contractorrob" <Contractorrob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Apparently Not
>
> "Contractorrob" wrote:
>
>> We have a group policy that redirects the clients "my documents" folder
>> %HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%. It used to work great. Unfortunately we had to
>> make
>> a change and it broke the policy. We corrected the problem so the folder
>> redirection works again. However, since the changes were made, the
>> folder
>> redirection only works on Windows XP and 2003. Luckily for most of our
>> 2000
>> clients, the redirection still works because it must be stuck in their
>> profile. If they log into a new 2000 workstation, it will not redirect
>> the
>> my documents. If they log into a new xp workstation, it will redirect
>> their
>> my documents to the correct location.
>>
>> The event we get is event id 101
>> source: folder redirection
>>
>> Failed to perform redirection of folder My Documents. The new directories
>> for the redirected folder could not be created. The folder is configured
>> be redirected to \\%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%, the final expanded path was
>> \\%HOMESHARE%%HOMEPATH%. The following error occurred:
>> The specified path is invalid.
>>
>> Has anyone had this problem before?

Hi Corey,

Pls take a look at this.