Num lock enabled for logon

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
April 25, 2005 6:19:04 AM

Hello,
I would like to enable the num lock key for the logon screen. I know that it
is the registry key HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\CONTROL
PANEL\KEYBOARD\InitialKeyboardIndicators that must be set to 2. But can I do
this using a GPO or is there a setting in the gpo that can replace this key?

thanks

More about : num lock enabled logon

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:09:30 PM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 02:19:04 -0700, "Stijn" <Stijn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I would like to enable the num lock key for the logon screen. I know that it
>is the registry key HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\CONTROL
>PANEL\KEYBOARD\InitialKeyboardIndicators that must be set to 2. But can I do
>this using a GPO or is there a setting in the gpo that can replace this key?
>
>thanks

You can write a custom ADM file, tip 5946 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:55:52 PM

When I look at this KB article I can define the CLASS Machine and User
representing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER but I need to set
HKEY_USERS.

!