Hibernate option removal

Hello everyone.
I was wondering if somebody could give me some instructions on how to remove
the hibernate feature (power settings option in control panel) on windows
2K and Xp clients using group policy. We are currently using Win2K servers
(SP4)

Any help would be gratefully received.

Nick

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:19:03 +0100, "Igirisujin" <mjupforit@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone.
>I was wondering if somebody could give me some instructions on how to remove
>the hibernate feature (power settings option in control panel) on windows
>2K and Xp clients using group policy. We are currently using Win2K servers
>(SP4)
>
>Any help would be gratefully received.
>
>Nick

See tip 8369 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com for Windows XP.

Thanks Jerold
That really is a useful website and I didnt know of Powercfg.exe.
Could you be so kind as to advise me how I would apply this to a policy to
switch hibernate off ona domain level.
Many thanks in advance.

Nick
"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:19:03 +0100, "Igirisujin" <mjupforit@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >Hello everyone.
> >I was wondering if somebody could give me some instructions on how to
remove
> >the hibernate feature (power settings option in control panel) on
windows
> >2K and Xp clients using group policy. We are currently using Win2K
servers
> >(SP4)
> >
> >Any help would be gratefully received.
> >
> >Nick
> >
> See tip 8369 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com for Windows
XP.

I don't believe you can.
You can use the tool to remotely configure your machines.

I believe the registry value name that records this info is not alterable by normal means.