Group Policy XP Firewall

I have set the Windows firewall up in out domain enviroment and it works fine
its under the Domain name. I want to test some settings and created a GP for
our IT team. This policy is under our OU and just under the IT users. I
have enabled this policy but it doesnt take because the original GP gets hit
first. How can I link the IT GP so that it gets applied?

Hello Kevin,

OU policy have precedence over domain policy, so i think that is not what
your situation. For more information about that i recommend you the following
document: Administering Group Policy with the GPMC from Microsoft and you can
download it from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/gpmcwp.mspx

Firewall policy is applied to Computers not to Users, make sure that you
have linked the policy to the OU where computer objects for IT Users are
created.

If you have any questions let me know.

Regards,

In the properties for your GPO check the no override check box. This will
ensure your GPO gets applied and no other settings will override what you
have configured in the GPO.

Drum on .. .. . . .