will NWN2 use the Aurora engine?

Not sure if this is all known yet, but I'm just wondering if learning
the current toolset for NWN will help learning the new one, or is it
going to be something different?

John Salerno wrote:
> Not sure if this is all known yet, but I'm just wondering if learning
> the current toolset for NWN will help learning the new one, or is it
> going to be something different?

Obsidian is trying, as much as possible, to keep things the same. The
major overhaul in NWN2 will be the graphics engine. The RPG portion of
the Aurora engine will remain largely in tact, as will the scripting
language. So, familiarity with the current toolset will give one a huge
leap in understanding NWN2's toolset.*

*Subject to change within the next 1.5 years while the game is under
development.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

Barry Scott Will wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>>Not sure if this is all known yet, but I'm just wondering if learning
>>the current toolset for NWN will help learning the new one, or is it
>>going to be something different?
>

> Obsidian is trying, as much as possible, to keep things the same. The
> major overhaul in NWN2 will be the graphics engine. The RPG portion of
> the Aurora engine will remain largely in tact, as will the scripting
> language. So, familiarity with the current toolset will give one a huge
> leap in understanding NWN2's toolset.*
>

> *Subject to change within the next 1.5 years while the game is under
> development.

Thanks for the information. I'm considering starting to learn the
current toolset, just for the fun of it. I know when NWN2 comes out,
that engine will take over, so I was just curious if it'd be drastically
different.

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Barry Scott Will wrote:
>> John Salerno wrote:
>>
>>>Not sure if this is all known yet, but I'm just wondering if learning the
>>>current toolset for NWN will help learning the new one, or is it going to
>>>be something different?
>>

>> Obsidian is trying, as much as possible, to keep things the same. The
>> major overhaul in NWN2 will be the graphics engine. The RPG portion of
>> the Aurora engine will remain largely in tact, as will the scripting
>> language. So, familiarity with the current toolset will give one a huge
>> leap in understanding NWN2's toolset.*
>>

>> *Subject to change within the next 1.5 years while the game is under
>> development.
>
> Thanks for the information. I'm considering starting to learn the current
> toolset, just for the fun of it. I know when NWN2 comes out, that engine
> will take over, so I was just curious if it'd be drastically different.

i wonder how the engine for nwn99 will look like. prolly somekinda neural
drug interface over your eyesballs ;p. so i guess it still be the same.
Lmao.