Implementing Minimum Password length

In our GPO, we've currently got the password length set to 6. We want to
increase that to 8 and want to know what implication that might have. I want
to make sure it doesn't do something stupid like not allow users to log on
with their current 6 character password. I would expect those to to continue
to work until they're prompted to enter a new password which would need to be
8 characters or more.

Ren

"=?Utf-8?B?UmVuZGZlc3Q=?=" <Rendfest@discussions.microsoft.com> said

> In our GPO, we've currently got the password length set to 6. We want to
> increase that to 8 and want to know what implication that might have. I
> want to make sure it doesn't do something stupid like not allow users to
> log on with their current 6 character password. I would expect those to
> to continue to work until they're prompted to enter a new password which
> would need to be 8 characters or more.

Any password length or complexity changes only impact users the first time
they are required to change their password after the changes are made.
Existing passwords are not affected.

--

Andy.