Sign in with
Your question

To Scientia, one of the HORDE leaders!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 28, 2007 11:45:53 PM

Why don't you come here and tell us what you have to say.
If you have any valid arguments about anything that worries you, please elaborate it here with facts. For example, instead fo BS-ing on your forum how we are biased, provide a CPUz validation of the OC-ed Brisbane and STFU us :wink:

For those who wonder WTF is this:
http://www.amdzone.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10536&sid=5511e3075c7a97db7f657372520f4c74

More about : scientia horde leaders

January 29, 2007 12:01:32 AM

This ain't gonna happen. he only shows up on Shakirou's site. You know. Safe ground.
January 29, 2007 12:08:04 AM

Quote:
If you have any valid arguments about anything that worries you, please elaborate it here with facts. For example, instead fo BS-ing on your forum how we are biased, provide a CPUz validation of the OC-ed Brisbane and STFU us :wink:

http://www.amdzone.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10536&sid=5511e3075c7a97db7f657372520f4c74

Well, at least he didn't mention me. Thank god for small favors.

BTW, I think that forum is free and you can present your case there.
January 29, 2007 12:10:32 AM

Quote:

So is this forum.

If he/she had an issue with gOJDO, why post it at AMDZone, and not just step up and challenge gOJDO's conclusions here, instead of linking the thread there?
January 29, 2007 12:11:46 AM

Quote:

BTW, I think that forum is free and you can present your case there.No Baron....you have been menitioned.
Quote:
The worst aspect over there is that when someone like BaronMatrix posts something logical, he will automatically be mocked for no other reason than he is not part of the status quo. Very strange. I honestly have no idea why he keeps posting there.

You are now famous on AMDZone. You are a hero! :lol: 

All hail BaronMatrix, AMD, 4x4, K8L and the DUOPOLY!
January 29, 2007 12:15:35 AM

Quote:

So is this forum.

If he/she had an issue with gOJDO, why post it at AMDZone, and not just step up and challenge gOJDO's conclusions here, instead of linking the thread there?

Perhaps gOJDO should've used that advice in the first place and directed HIS accusations to the origin, unless other motives are involved.
January 29, 2007 12:17:28 AM

I can tell this is going to be a flame thread, so I think the report button will get another workout.
January 29, 2007 12:19:41 AM

Quote:

So is this forum.

Perhaps gOJDO should've used that advice in the first place and directed HIS accusations to the origin, unless other motives are involved.

Maybe so.

AMDZone is a fansite. I've seen the "How Conroe cheated on benchmarks" thread, and other crazy accusations. For gOJDO to go and meet with Scientia, would be a good thing, but I doubt anything good will come out of it.

I think gOJDO should just drop by Scientia's blog and get it started there, myself.
January 29, 2007 12:21:39 AM

Quote:
I can tell this is going to be a flame thread, so I think the report button will get another workout.

***sirheck grabs popcorn and a beer***

let the games :oops:  make that flames begin :p 
January 29, 2007 12:22:35 AM

Quote:

I don't smell any smoke?

:?
January 29, 2007 12:22:36 AM

Quote:

LOL. 8)
January 29, 2007 12:23:44 AM

Quote:

***sirheck grabs popcorn and a beer***

let the games :oops:  make that flames begin :p 
F*ck it, I'll just watch. Let someone else do the reporting for a change.

Pass that popcorn.
January 29, 2007 12:25:31 AM

Quote:

So is this forum.

Maybe so.

AMDZone is a fansite. I've seen the "How Conroe cheated on benchmarks" thread, and other crazy accusations. For gOJDO to go and meet with Scientia, would be a good thing, but I doubt anything good will come out of it.

I think gOJDO should just drop by Scientia's blog and get it started there, myself.

As far as I know scientia is not an owner of AMDZone. If something is said in the forums it doesn't mean that it is the opinion of AMDZone.

Had he posted that here there would be enough flames to burn NYC to the ground.
January 29, 2007 12:27:39 AM

Quote:

So is this forum.

Maybe so.

Well, what I meant was, to direct his accusation directly to Chris and Jeff Tom who wrote the article. I think jumping to such a conclusion show's incredible bias. It could be a simple explanation as cropping, or something similarily simple to explain and prove if they had known there was doubt by him. This could easily be construed as defamation and slander. If it were me, I think i'd want a little better proof.
January 29, 2007 12:28:16 AM

Quote:
Pass that popcorn.

get your own bag :p 

im waiting for that wizzardguy to say something else in another thread.
so i can break down why he needs to chill out a little :wink:

he seems so full of anger :x :lol: 
January 29, 2007 12:30:40 AM

Well...if you want to know why shrinks are just as much messed up as their patients. Read the link. LOL...
January 29, 2007 12:31:47 AM

Quote:

Well, what I meant was, to direct his accusation directly to Chris and Jeff Tom who wrote the article. I think jumping to such a conclusion show's incredible bias. It could be a simple explanation as cropping, or something similarily simple to explain and prove if they had known there was doubt by him. This could easily be construed as defamation and slander. If it were me, I think i'd want a little better proof.

Yes, I see. That would've been a better opinion, I agree.

But there was no article, it was a thread started in the forums (for the overclocking thing), that I remembered. If there was an article written by Chris or Jeff, then gOJDO should've asked them about it, yes.
January 29, 2007 12:42:13 AM

Wait!
Let's give some time to Scientia. Maybe he is preparing the CPUz validation and the benchmarks of their OC-ed 3600+. :lol: 
January 29, 2007 12:42:28 AM

BARON RULES :lol: 

:oops:  **sirheck runs from the lynch mob**
January 29, 2007 12:50:23 AM

Quote:
even if you think he RULZ

no it was a joke.

baron is insane in the membrane :lol: 
January 29, 2007 1:02:50 AM

Quote:
[The worst aspect over there is that when someone like BaronMatrix posts something logical, he will automatically be mocked for no other reason than he is not part of the status quo. Very strange. I honestly have no idea why he keeps posting there.

The irony of ironies.

Next thing you know, the AMDzone will open up a thread about FSB swapping or storing your CPU in styrofoam, or even better that the chipset schedules the threads :) 

That's the kind of low blow that makes me think he is right about your pathology. All of what you said was an exaggeration of my actual quotes. I think you need help.
January 29, 2007 1:05:09 AM

Quote:
even if you think he RULZ

no it was a joke.

baron is insane in the membrane :lol: 

:)  Yeah I know, but good having you hang around was not a joke, I was sincere -- good to have you posting.

Jack

thanks for the intel vid i got started watching it.
but didnt get to see it all.

he said that the cleanroom was the size of 3 footballfields 8O
the one i worked in at seagate was about the size of a basketball court.
January 29, 2007 1:05:23 AM

I cringe everytime I see Scientia write 'I'm not a fanboy, I'm not biased towards AMD' in his blog...

At least he seems more knowledgeable than Sharikou, but he still spins the facts in favour of AMD in ever so subtle ways. He'll even argue that an 5200+ is the equal of an E6600 because apparently THG and Anandtech 'cheats' in benchmarks. :roll:

Oooh, I love his conspiracy theories, I agree, pass along the popcorn!!! :lol: 
January 29, 2007 1:07:20 AM

Quote:
[The worst aspect over there is that when someone like BaronMatrix posts something logical, he will automatically be mocked for no other reason than he is not part of the status quo. Very strange. I honestly have no idea why he keeps posting there.

The irony of ironies.

Next thing you know, the AMDzone will open up a thread about FSB swapping or storing your CPU in styrofoam, or even better that the chipset schedules the threads :) 

That's the kind of low blow that makes me think he is right about your pathology. All of what you said was an exaggeration of my actual quotes. I think you need help.Excellent!
Baron, I agree with that dude from AMDZone:"I honestly have no idea why he keeps posting there."
I think that AMDZone is the perfect place for you! You are a hero there, everybody will respect you and everybody will agree that AMD is the best.
January 29, 2007 1:11:55 AM

Quote:

The irony of ironies.

That's the kind of low blow that makes me think he is right about your pathology. All of what you said was an exaggeration of my actual quotes. I think you need help.Excellent!
Baron, I agree with that dude from AMDZone:"I honestly have no idea why he keeps posting there."
I think that AMDZone is the perfect place for you! You are a hero there, everybody will respect you and everybody will agree that AMD is the best.

I don't think AMD is the best. Maybe that's why I post here. I think I like talking about CPUs. Any news search of AMD vs. Intel last year will show what I noted to be a preponderance of AMD news.

Sorry.

I admire their spunk and they always provide me with all the processing power I need.

Surely my AMD purchase won't send Intel to the Ch11 court.
January 29, 2007 1:13:54 AM

I also don't understand why Baron keeps posting here either. Why not just stick to AMDZone and be one big happy family (horde?). :?
January 29, 2007 1:15:30 AM

Quote:
I just want to make sure that even though AMD gets the short end of the stick, they are represented by those who feel some people take competition too seriously.

I guess I just love being and rooting for the underdog.

Hey Baron, you really joined AMDZone! :mrgreen: GJ dude! :trophy:
January 29, 2007 1:17:25 AM

I'd rather be a fanboy for Intel than AMD right now as their products are vastly superior Intel isn't looking to change that anytime soon.
January 29, 2007 1:26:41 AM

Quote:
I'd rather be a fanboy for Intel than AMD right now as their products are vastly superior Intel isn't looking to change that anytime soon.

I really don't understand that mentality. Sure, I like AMD chips, but I don't care that much. I only care that my next AMD chip is faster than the one I have for around the same price.

This is just a dumb thing to fight about. They're just CPUs. Take away the SW and you have nothing.
January 29, 2007 1:37:52 AM

Quote:

The irony of ironies.

That's the kind of low blow that makes me think he is right about your pathology. All of what you said was an exaggeration of my actual quotes. I think you need help.

All I said Baron is what you have posted in the past.... it's not a pathology, it's the truth :)  Sorry dude --- but that's what you do.. it's not a low blow to point out someone's statements.

That is not what I said in any of those cases. You are exaggerating to keep your symbiotic relationship going.
January 29, 2007 2:35:42 AM

Quote:

considering most people who says good things from AMD in this forum; gets instantly atacked.... with floods of loahs of how good core2duo and how intel is kicking AMD ass. Id say this forum is indeed viased towards intel, thats why Im not surprised most AMD followers dont like to come here at all, thus more concentration of intel fanboys.
and yeah , been on this site for quite a bit, just not much of a poster.

there are, (altrought..) a very small percentage of well balanced people with a few inclinated towards one brand but still posts preety much balanced stuff like Jack.

Quote:

The irony of ironies.

and honestly Sir, I dont think mocking AMd followers just like many people love to Bang Baron ( even if he's completely leaned to AMD even if proven wrong) doesnt help your statement of "unbiased" forum....

edit:
also before I forget, theres always the classic defence that most interl fans loves to use here.. atack theinquirer's crdibility when they post pro-amd news, but obviusly defending to dead theinquirer on news pro-intel..
been noticing that a lot.. in short words... Oportunism and Convenience floats .

because one thing is right of what sciencia said, most news from AMD technology and similars here, are MOCKED and atacked, betwen other things....
inshort words, AMD news in this forum = considered mostly FUD until proven contrary.
and INTEL news in this forum = considered true until proven wrong by tomshardware or anandtech or other sources.
January 29, 2007 3:01:23 AM

Quote:

The irony of ironies.

All I said Baron is what you have posted in the past.... it's not a pathology, it's the truth :)  Sorry dude --- but that's what you do.. it's not a low blow to point out someone's statements.

Jack,

this is really just a little too coincidental for my tastes.

First, doesnt anyone else find it just a tad odd that less that a week after budding Horde member Hal started and had his "THG Forums bias" thread locked, a disturbingly similar thread pops up over at Horde "Central"?

Second, as to Scientia posting at THG, I could very easily be mistaken, but wasnt he banned form THG some time ago?

Third, is it just me, or has anyone else seen a slight upswing in "horde" Anti-Intel propaganda posting recently?
January 29, 2007 3:05:40 AM

i think everyone is awaiting the new gpu,s
and kinda giddy and anxious about it.

i know i am.
January 29, 2007 3:16:53 AM

bbq city?

i love a good bbq :twisted:
January 29, 2007 3:21:28 AM

come on any one can flame me if you are pissed about something.

AMD RULES INTEL SUCKS!!
FX cards rule
pentium d,s are cool running prosessors.
dualcores suck :x

:lol: 
January 29, 2007 3:46:21 AM

Quote:

and honestly Sir, I dont think mocking AMd followers just like many people love to Bang Baron ( even if he's completely leaned to AMD even if proven wrong) doesnt help your statement of "unbiased" forum....

edit:
also before I forget, theres always the classic defence that most interl fans loves to use here.. atack theinquirer's crdibility when they post pro-amd news, but obviusly defending to dead theinquirer on news pro-intel..
been noticing that a lot.. in short words... Oportunism and Convenience floats .

because one thing is right of what sciencia said, most news from AMD technology and similars here, are MOCKED and atacked, betwen other things....
inshort words, AMD news in this forum = considered mostly FUD until proven contrary.
and INTEL news in this forum = considered true until proven wrong by tomshardware or anandtech or other sources.

tamalero,

Please read back in the forums away to see whats really been going on. Your accustaion against sirheck is based on incomplete information. For ex, I am an AMD user/follower. Sirheck, JJ, Ninja, and all the rest have never mocked or attacked me. Verndewd uses AMD. Ive never seen him mocked or attacked by the intel users.(though he has been a little upset with AMD lately) K8man, who were rarely se these days, the same. In fact non of the AMD fans have ever been attacked, mocked or belittled, to the best of my recollection.

The Horde is a diferent matter, and your stament groups us, the AMD fans/users, in with the "Horde" aka AMD fanboys.

What is a fanboy?

Quote:
Fanboy or fanboi is a term used to describe an individual (usually male, though the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors that differ from their point of view. They are also typically hateful to the opposing brand or competition of their obsession regardless of its merits or achievements.

I, Verndewd and the vast majority of AMD users/followers are not "Fanboys". I can admit when Intel has a better product. I do not make excuses, search for obscure/non standardized metrics, nor have I "thrown aside" my favor of AMD products, with the exception of the still-borne QFX, but hey, if Intel could push crapburst for 3 years, AMD is entitled to a mistake too. The difference between the AMD fans and the AMD fanboys is that the fans will admit QFX is a mistake, where the fanbouys will defend it visciously.

As for the Inquirer, I am an AMD Fan, and IMO, The Inquirer is crap. Charlie D lacks any modicum of journalistic integrity. That is my opinion. In order for the Inquirer to have its "credibility" attacked, they must first demonstrate that they have credibility. In fact they have demonstrated time and time again that they do not have credibility. Credibilty cannot be assigned. Not by you, me or anyone else. Credibility can not be claimed. It must be demonstrated, and demonstrated consistantly, not mearly when it suits the purpose of an individual or organization. And this was said by an AMD fan, not an Intelliot.

Please, dont lump those of us who favor AMD in with the Horde, nor liken our perspective to theirs...its just wrong

As for news, where is it?

The phrase "it is said..." is not news, it is hearsay.
The phrase " I think...." is not news, it is an opinion
"AMD (or Intel for that matter) claims" is not news...it is a PR claim

So what is news?

"Anand tech reviews, tests, or benchmarks"..with data..now that is news.
"THG reviews, tests, or benchmarks"..with data..now that is news.

Weve seen the news on AM2 and C2d. Weve seen the news on brisbane. Weve seen news on Intels 45 nm, weve even seen some news on barcelona.

At this I'll throw it out on the line here, and say Im speaking for a lot of people when I say:

We want news.
We do not want opinions, unless they are preceded by "IMO"
We do not want heresay
We do not want PR spin.
We do not want guessticulations based on any of the above, unless preceded by "guess, IMO etc"

We want the news, but a lot of the noise coming from the horde is not news..its opinions guesses or hearsay. Be careful about confusing those
January 29, 2007 4:40:51 AM

Quote:
come on any one can flame me if you are pissed about something.

AMD RULES INTEL SUCKS!!
FX cards rule
pentium d,s are cool running prosessors.
dualcores suck :x

:lol: 

You have... issues. :wink:
January 29, 2007 4:56:59 AM

Quote:

That is not what I said in any of those cases. You are exaggerating to keep your symbiotic relationship going.

Ok Baron --- this is of course not true, and anyone reading what you post knows this to not be true.... but it really doesn't matter.

I noticed you joined and added your points to the Scientia thread --- you are probably better off there anyway as no one there would stop you from recommending some one shove thier CPU into a chunk of styrofoam :)  :)  ....

Here is where you thought a thumb drive would fix the NUMA problem... hardeee harrr harrr harrrr -- http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

That's ok, people got a great laugh at that one...

Here is the point where you claimed the chipset would thread the context to the appropriate node (which, of course, is the OS in reality):

Here is Wr's reply to you regarding the chipset implementing NUMA over the OS.... this is what you said, most people again fell out of their chairs laughing as you did not understand how it actually works -- nonetheless, you seem incessant on not owning up to what you have clearly stated and adamantly defended in the past. (*Your original statement was quoted by WR, your actual wierd illogical post is prior to that somewhere *)

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?nam...

Boy what would you do without bothering me?

You insisted that swapping in Vista can't increase perf. ReadyBoost says yeah, right.

LostCircuits showed an example of nVidia/Asus having a busted NUMA implementation(K8N-DL) and power issues that were fixed with new BIOS.

As far as the "styrofoam controversy," I admitted that I overestimated people's ability to ground themselves before handling any PC parts.

The individual wanted a quick way to send someone a processor.

Get a life.
January 29, 2007 5:13:48 AM

I wonder if this would happen if Baron and Jack ever met.

(and BTW before I get charbroiled this is only a joke... I respect both Baron and Jack)

From Frasier, Season 3, Episode 6 (with just a touch of search and replace):

Jack: There would've been raises if you hadn't taken
all the money to pay for those Armani suits.
Baron: Oh, oh, what about you? Let's not overlook that pricey little
Fendi scarf you're wearing!
Jack: Well, what about this designer cologne on you?
Baron: Well, how about those pouty lips that must have cost you a
fortune in collagen injections!
Jack: These lips are mine, you arrogant gasbag!
Baron: You intractable despot!
Jack: BLOWHARD!
Baron: TYRANT!!
Jack: ASS!!!
Baron: SHREW!!!!

Suddenly they grab each other and kiss, violently. Jack grabs the
lapels of Baron's jacket and pushes him away.

Jack: [breathless] Get out...!

But he pulls him close and they kiss, again. Jack pushes Baron away
once more.

Jack: [distraught] Now!

Baron rushes to the door, stops for a moment to glance back in
horror, and then leaves. Jack slumps over his desk.

:twisted:
January 29, 2007 5:16:56 AM

Quote:
I wonder if this would happen if Baron and Jack ever met.

(and BTW before I get charbroiled this is only a joke... I respect both Baron and Jack)

From Frasier, Season 3, Episode 6 (with just a touch of search and replace):

Jack: There would've been raises if you hadn't taken
all the money to pay for those Armani suits.
Baron: Oh, oh, what about you? Let's not overlook that pricey little
Fendi scarf you're wearing!
Jack: Well, what about this designer cologne on you?
Baron: Well, how about those pouty lips that must have cost you a
fortune in collagen injections!
Jack: These lips are mine, you arrogant gasbag!
Baron: You intractable despot!
Jack: BLOWHARD!
Baron: TYRANT!!
Jack: ASS!!!
Baron: SHREW!!!!

Suddenly they grab each other and kiss, violently. Jack grabs the
lapels of Baron's jacket and pushes him away.

Jack: [breathless] Get out...!

But he pulls him close and they kiss, again. Jack pushes Baron away
once more.

Jack: [distraught] Now!

Baron rushes to the door, stops for a moment to glance back in
horror, and then leaves. Jack slumps over his desk.

:twisted:
ewwwwwww!!
January 29, 2007 5:19:34 AM

Quote:
ewwwwwww!!

...and you're not even in the scene! :lol: 
January 29, 2007 5:22:46 AM

The sad part is, most users here lack the capacity to even begin to understand what Scientia wrote. And even if you did blip the radar of comprehension, you'd ignore it and put a fresh coat of paint on your Intel blinders.

Some of you people here are truly sad, and lack the self awareness to even realize it.
January 29, 2007 5:28:41 AM

Quote:
The sad part is, most users here lack the capacity to even begin to understand what Scientia wrote. And even if you did blip the radar of comprehension, you'd ignore it and put a fresh coat of paint on your Intel blinders.

Er... why are you replying to me on this post? I've gone on record on several occasions including a current thread that, and I quote:

Price/Performance is the only criterion. I couldn't care less if the CPU is stamped AMD, Intel or K-Tel.

So... watzzauproblemo?

Quote:
Some of you people here are truly sad, and lack the self awareness to even realize it.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I am "truly sad." I'm so sad that tonight I'm gonna do two blonde Swedish Bikini Models just to try and give my meaningless life some purpose and perhaps... perhaps... a smile may finally pass my lips. :twisted:
January 29, 2007 5:50:23 AM

Quote:
Er... why are you replying to me on this post?

Sorry, please disregard that part I was not replying to you specifically, my bad.
January 29, 2007 5:58:45 AM

Hey look, my favorite part

Quote:

I'm still clueless why in the world did you chose THG forums when indeed you have more open-minded and balanced forums such as anandtech, Sudhian or Techreport's forum?

First of all, "I'm still clueless" fits perfectly in it of itself.

Secondly, how can anyone on a site dedicated to AMD fans accurately define what an open-minded and balanced forum is?

So who's full of more bologna, AMDZone, or the Inquirer?

The forum here may be a little more pro Intel. Why? Right now Intel is kicking butt - there's no denying it. So 3 groups of people. Intel fans are gloating (although no Meltie in a long time). Neutral people are rooting for Intel since it's the best and is what they want to buy (and what they should buy). AMD fans are licking their wounds and crying over the steady decline of their stock. Anyone who doubts this should look at the forums 2 years ago (not that many of you were around then - not arrogance here, just a fact) - every other post was how Intel sucked, and many of the posts were referencing the articles on Toms which were saying similar things :-D.

I think the AMDZone crazies are just trying to get a rise out of people, or are more deluded than Tom Cruise. Either way, we're better off if they stay in their sheltered world. Let's leave the nutjobs over there and hope some people here go over there as well :D 
January 29, 2007 6:24:38 AM

Quote:
Er... why are you replying to me on this post?

Sorry, please disregard that part I was not replying to you specifically, my bad.

No prob, dude.
January 29, 2007 6:51:49 AM

It amazes me that people forget that fan-ism swings with performance, i.e when x2 was punching the pd in the gut there was more people here that recommended x2 over pd. In fact if anybody has the time they could go back one year in the forums and take say 5 pages and analyze the posts and i bet there would be a strong pro AMD felling.

Any way, why let the facts get in the way of a good bit of oldfasioned arm chair psychology egh sci lol

How ironic, someone on AMDZONE complaining about bios in forumz lololololololololol

Also it is side ripping funny that he believes that instead as core 2 being faster than x2 it is actually that every site has started doing its benchmarks wrong. lolol

Also it is ALWAYS stated in many that no CPUz validation = FAKE, I agree it is probably not but why change a general forum rule for amdzone.

That the posters at forumz have went to such insane lengths to deny this result does seem to suggest a pathological support of Intel. I do recall when people were proclaiming that a $100 Conroe could be overclocked to beat an FX. Yet no one there made any type of similar argument in favor of an inexpensive AMD chip beating a much more expensive Intel chip. This does certainly suggest a difference of perception and suggests that conclusions are reached before the evidence is even considered.

So you are saying there has never been a post saying something along the lines of say, a 3800x2 could overclock and beat a 965ee

why lie about it? if you really want i will trawl through the forumz and find you several references of people suggesting a cheap x2 will overclock and kill and p-d

Secondly, as to AMDZone being a source of FUD and misinformation this is again ridiculous. In more than 3 years here I've seen incorrect information about Intel chips, finances, and systems corrected many times. Yet I've also seen misinformation about AMD posted on forumz without being corrected. The truth is that information about Intel here is far more likely to be true than information about AMD on forumz.

Just sicking lies

http://www.amdzone.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=vie...

my favorite quotes from this thread are

K8L is not compared in the same way as Conroe for several reasons. First of all, it appears that current motherboards will not be compatible with Conroe so you can't just buy a new chip and drop it in. In contrast, you should be able to do this with an AM2 motherboard. Also, AMD chips tend to be available immediately whereas Intel chips do not. It really does appear that almost all of Intel's production will go to system vendors making the chip unavailable for a couple of months at least. Likewise, vendors can easily release new systems if all they have to do is put in a newer processor rather than upgrading the motherboard.

lol

here is another good one

or this lolo

this is a very good one

my personal favourite (I got banned from the zone for this read about 5 posts down)

Do i need to say any more?

Don't you get it, YOU ARE A FANBOY when k8l kicks ass you will see a swing around here back to AMD but why did we never see that swing to intel at the zone?
January 29, 2007 7:36:56 AM

Welcome to THG.
I suppose that I am one of the "sad" people here, though I hate to admit it.
I am sad because, right now, Intel is selling the better processor, and, for the near term at least, that does not look to change.
I think that your Scientia made an error in interpretting what Jack said.
Jack was talking about the IdSat of the transistors (current at device saturation) What this translates to is that Intel's transistor can transition to on faster than AMD's can. It's sort of a no brainer though, since Intel needed transistors that could switch quickly, to get the high frequencies that netburst required. It's part of the silver linning that Intel got from the cloud that was netburst.
One thing I would like you to understand is that this forum is an enthusiast site. Many people here are big AMD supporters. Many are also Intel supporters. What we tend to support the most, is the chip of the day.
Today's flavor is conroe. We hope that the flavor of the day will be Barcelona, but we are always a little sceptical.
Please brouse around. If you find something wrong, tell us. We can talk, and if you are correct, we will make it right.
January 29, 2007 9:45:31 AM

Quote:

I agree, we have a lack of capacity of fanboyism, stupidness, blindness and uneducativity to understand Scientia.
I guess this thread from Sceintia opened your eyes: C2D Architecture (cheating tips from reviewers)
Sorry, but I don't buy this kind of pure BS. :wink:
Enjoy joining the HORDE! :lol: 
January 29, 2007 11:46:55 AM

lol, I like that site, got a good laugh at the other mob mentality.. he starts out with a well written post, then goes on and on until he starts to demean people's character to reinforce his point. By the way, I think he really loves Forumz, just doesn't know how to express it.. :twisted:
!