import GPO's from W2k3 domain into W2k domain?

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Domain
  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
April 28, 2005 2:57:48 AM

Is it possible to import policy from a win2003 forest into a win2000 forest?
Do I have to install certain .adm files so that I update the win2000
environment?

More about : import gpo w2k3 domain w2k domain

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 8:18:34 PM

Ziek,

You will have to install the adm files from an XP machine to your 2000
server. Then you'll need to install a patch to the 2000 machine to avoid
all the [strings] overrun errors that you'll get.

Then you can export the policy and import. You may just want to re-create
it to be sure and to verify your site documentation.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

news:o b%23va45SFHA.2304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...