import GPO's from W2k3 domain into W2k domain?

Ziek

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2004

Is it possible to import policy from a win2003 forest into a win2000 forest?
Do I have to install certain .adm files so that I update the win2000
environment?

Ziek,

You will have to install the adm files from an XP machine to your 2000
server. Then you'll need to install a patch to the 2000 machine to avoid
all the [strings] overrun errors that you'll get.

Then you can export the policy and import. You may just want to re-create
it to be sure and to verify your site documentation.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA