import GPO's from W2k3 domain into W2k domain?

Is it possible to import policy from a win2003 forest into a win2000 forest?
Do I have to install certain .adm files so that I update the win2000
environment?
1 answer Last reply
More about import w2k3 domain domain

    Ziek,

    You will have to install the adm files from an XP machine to your 2000
    server. Then you'll need to install a patch to the 2000 machine to avoid
    all the [strings] overrun errors that you'll get.

    Then you can export the policy and import. You may just want to re-create
    it to be sure and to verify your site documentation.

    --
    Ryan Hanisco
    MCSE, MCDBA

    "Ziek" <ziek@nomail.net> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to import policy from a win2003 forest into a win2000
    > forest?
    > Do I have to install certain .adm files so that I update the win2000
    > environment?

Policy Domain Microsoft Windows