Reset password

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Hi,

we are a company with 150 users. i would like to force everyone to change
their password , is there a way to do this ??

--
Rick

You could use ldifde to script a change to the pwdLastSet attribute on each
user account. So long as the 'password never expires' box isn't checked and
you set pwdLastSet you should be fine.

With Windows 2003 you could probably do this in the gui as 2003 allows you
to select multiple users at the same time and change attributes en masse.

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> we are a company with 150 users. i would like to force everyone to change
> their password , is there a way to do this ??
>
> --
> Rick

If you have 2003 server, you can select multiple accounts and select the
check box to require them to change their password on next logon. If you
have 2000 server, you'll have to do it one at a time.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA