Disable Windows Updates

Hello All,
We are trying to disable Windows updates for our entire domain untill we get
a few things fixed for XP Sp2. I have gone into our Default Domain
Policy>User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows
Updates and Enabled "Remove Access to use all Windows Update Featues" and I
can still access Windows Updates both from IE Tools and the Start Menu. Any
Sugestions? I have even tried Creating a new Group Policy on an OU set the
same policy and got the same results. I have also checked and verified that
there is no policy on our domain that conflicts with this setting.
--
Michael E. McAteer
Network Engineer

Must have been a timing issue. 4 hours later it is finally working. Thanks
for looking.
--
Michael E. McAteer
Network Engineer

"Michael E. McAteer" wrote:

> Hello All,
> We are trying to disable Windows updates for our entire domain untill we get
> a few things fixed for XP Sp2. I have gone into our Default Domain
> Policy>User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Windows
> Updates and Enabled "Remove Access to use all Windows Update Featues" and I
> can still access Windows Updates both from IE Tools and the Start Menu. Any
> Sugestions? I have even tried Creating a new Group Policy on an OU set the
> same policy and got the same results. I have also checked and verified that
> there is no policy on our domain that conflicts with this setting.
> --
> Michael E. McAteer
> Network Engineer
> MCSA, MCSE, CNA, A+

Right. These take time to replicate to all DCs and time for the
workstations to get the new GPOs.

You can force this by using secedit on 2000 or gpupdate on XP or by
rebooting twice.

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA