Removal of file security settings effect

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
April 29, 2005 11:16:05 AM

I am currently setting security on a directory of files on our desktop
computers via group policy. I want to remove the setting from group policy
and no longer have group policy set the security of the directory and its
files. My question is, what happens to the security settings of the files in
the directory? Does it stay the same as the settings in group policy had
set, or does it revert back to the original settings of the files?

Thanks for your help,

Bruce
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 29, 2005 6:38:40 PM

"BAP1" wrote:
> I am currently setting security on a directory of files on our
> desktop
> computers via group policy. I want to remove the setting from
> group policy
> and no longer have group policy set the security of the
> directory and its
> files. My question is, what happens to the security settings
> of the files in
> the directory? Does it stay the same as the settings in group
> policy had
> set, or does it revert back to the original settings of the
> files?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Bruce

Hi,

Can you be more specific on what Group Policy you are using? To my
knowledge I have no knowledge of a Group Policy that lets you set NTFS
permissions (security) on files and folders.

Thanks

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Removal-file-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1184426

http://www.usenet.com
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
April 29, 2005 6:38:41 PM

Lara,

If you open:

default domin policy then
computer configuration then
windows settings then
security settings then
file system

you can list directories and files and specifiy NTFS security on them.

Bruce

!