Removal of file security settings effect

I am currently setting security on a directory of files on our desktop
computers via group policy. I want to remove the setting from group policy
and no longer have group policy set the security of the directory and its
files. My question is, what happens to the security settings of the files in
the directory? Does it stay the same as the settings in group policy had
set, or does it revert back to the original settings of the files?

Thanks for your help,

Bruce
2 answers Last reply
More about removal file security settings effect

    "BAP1" wrote:
    > I am currently setting security on a directory of files on our
    > desktop
    > computers via group policy. I want to remove the setting from
    > group policy
    > and no longer have group policy set the security of the
    > directory and its
    > files. My question is, what happens to the security settings
    > of the files in
    > the directory? Does it stay the same as the settings in group
    > policy had
    > set, or does it revert back to the original settings of the
    > files?
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > Bruce

    Hi,

    Can you be more specific on what Group Policy you are using? To my
    knowledge I have no knowledge of a Group Policy that lets you set NTFS
    permissions (security) on files and folders.

    Thanks

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Removal-file-security-settings-effect-ftopict366914.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1184426

    http://www.usenet.com

    Lara,

    If you open:

    default domin policy then
    computer configuration then
    windows settings then
    security settings then
    file system

    you can list directories and files and specifiy NTFS security on them.

    Bruce

    "lforbes" wrote:

    > "BAP1" wrote:
    > > I am currently setting security on a directory of files on our
    > > desktop
    > > computers via group policy. I want to remove the setting from
    > > group policy
    > > and no longer have group policy set the security of the
    > > directory and its
    > > files. My question is, what happens to the security settings
    > > of the files in
    > > the directory? Does it stay the same as the settings in group
    > > policy had
    > > set, or does it revert back to the original settings of the
    > > files?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help,
    > >
    > > Bruce
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can you be more specific on what Group Policy you are using? To my
    > knowledge I have no knowledge of a Group Policy that lets you set NTFS
    > permissions (security) on files and folders.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Lara

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Removal-file-security-settings-effect-ftopict366914.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1184426