Prevent users from deleting icons from desktop

Does anyone know of a GPO setting that will prevent users from deleting
shortcuts and icons from the desktop? I have looked but have yet to find
anything. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

UC\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop\Prohibit Deleting
items...

Kevin

"moindy" <moindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a GPO setting that will prevent users from deleting
> shortcuts and icons from the desktop? I have looked but have yet to find
> anything. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

moindy explained :
> Does anyone know of a GPO setting that will prevent users from deleting
> shortcuts and icons from the desktop? I have looked but have yet to find
> anything. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

redirect the desktop folder to a server share
set authenticated users on read/execute only by using NTFS permissions
this way they can neither add items or remove them
you can set different redirect settings per OU

grtz

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

This did the trick. Thank you!