please , quick opinion needed

gorak

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
can get this on an auction for $260 New Zealand dollars AMD Opteron 170 CCBWE 0550UPMW Toledo Core

I currently have an 64 3200 ... would this be worthwile ?

gorak

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
it has been overclocked , BUT still has +- 2.5 years left of warranty ! (i get the original invoices with it )

that should count shouldn't it ?

also i have watercooling , so planning to clock this sucker , as according to reviews this should give me a real decent clock !

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
it has been overclocked , BUT still has +- 2.5 years left of warranty ! (i get the original invoices with it )

also i have watercooling , so planning to clock this sucker , as according to reviews this should give me a real decent clock !

Why would you want to buy a used, already OCd, possibly seriously abused CPU and save all of ten US dollars over:

NewEgg Opty 170

??????

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006

Why would you want to buy a used, already OCd, possibly seriously abused CPU and save all of ten US dollars over:

NewEgg Opty 170

??????
Because he seems to be living in NZ.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006

NewEgg Opty 170

??????
Because he seems to be living in NZ.

Prices in Oz are sometimes even cheaper than the USA since some of the Sydney and Melbourne shops get stuff that fell off a truck in (fairly nearby) Taipei. Kiwis have Oz citizenship so it's no trouble to get something from there. It's kinda like their "mainland"! :D